Dell said it has stopped shipment of two Vostro laptop models in Europe after discovering a faulty keyboard design with a few keys out of place.
Notebooks - News
Early demand for an Intel chip that's being designed for small laptops and desktops is so much higher than anticipated, the company has been forced to ramp up pre-release production.
Dell's retail partnership with OfficeWorks to deliver its range desktop PCs and laptops will offer Australian customers the chance to configure their own Dell machines in selected OfficeWorks stores - but Ubuntu Linux will not be on offer just yet.
Asustek Computer on Wednesday forecast it will nearly double shipments of the popular Eee PC low-cost laptop in the second quarter, compared to the first.
Dell Australia has selected office stationery and IT supplies chain, OfficeWorks, as its first local retail partner.
Comments by Steve Ballmer at a press conference in Europe last week have led to speculation that Microsoft is reconsidering its June 30 deadline to stop selling most new Windows XP licenses. A spokeswoman from Microsoft's public relations firm said t...
Microsoft said that Windows revenues during the first three months of 2008 were down nearly 24 percent from the same period last year.
Open-source developers should stop bickering, unite and jointly develop a Windows user interface to make XO laptops more appealing to users, One Laptop Per Child Chairman Nicholas Negroponte has urged in a public note to that community.
On a day when companies are promoting their green efforts as part of Earth Day, a nonprofit has accused some organizations of causing more environmental damage in the name of recycling electronic equipment.
In a repeat of a February donnybrook over Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows Vista, IT professionals and developers are blasting Microsoft's decision to withhold the final version of Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) from them until after it's released t...
Microsoft sees the ultra-low cost PC market as a significant opportunity and plans to pursue it with vigor, according to Kevin Turner, Microsoft's chief operating officer.
Microsoft's attempt to reverse a lower court's ruling in the ongoing "Vista Capable" lawsuit was denied by an appeals court on Monday, a decision that means the case can resume.
Advanced Micro Devices Monday released two more 45-watt, energy-efficient Athlon desktop processors.
As expected, Microsoft Monday announced that it has finished work on Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) and released it to computer makers and volume licensing customers.
Intel is slashing the price of some of its processors up to 50 percent, a slap in the face to rival Advanced Micro Devices, long known as the low-price alternative in the chip market.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
- Latest MacBook Pro price reset resembles shift to Retina in 2012
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCApplication Support Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**WA