Microsoft confirmed this week that it will extend the sales of Windows XP Home to OEMs beyond the current deadline of June 30, 2008, to accommodate a new class of ultra-low-cost PCs (ULCPCs) that are just beginning to pepper the market.
Microsoft said it will issue eight security updates next week, five tagged as "critical" to patch Windows, Office and Internet Explorer.
Intel reaffirmed its Nehalem family of processors is on track to enter production during the fourth quarter, with the first mobile version of the chips to be released next year.
Global memory chip makers are hurrying DDR3 (double data rate, third generation) DRAM (dynamic RAM) into Intel validation labs in hopes the processor giant's Centrino 2 laptop chips will spur DRAM demand amid a market glut.
Intel officially unveiled its low-power, newly architected Atom processor line at its Intel Developer's Forum in Shanghai Wednesday.
Over the next few weeks, Google will be rolling out a new feature that allows Google Docs users to access their documents even without an Internet connection. For now the change only applies to the word processor, but similar capabilities are expecte...
Intel's 2Go PC is another upcoming entrant to the market of ultra-budget laptops, aimed at the education sector.
The MacBook Air went first; a tiny Fujitsu laptop running Vista was hacked on the last day of the contest; but it was Linux, running on a Sony Vaio, that remained undefeated as conference organizers ended a three-way computer hacking challenge Friday...
It must be tough being Microsoft. No matter how shiny you make your OS, nor how much money your former figurehead doles out to the needy, geeks the world over think of you as 'The Man'.
The next generation Eee PC laptop by Asustek Computer will come with a multi-touch trackpad in addition to the larger screen, better Web cam and increased data storage, a company representative said this week.
Advanced Micro Devices on Thursday announced new Phenom chips, including quad-core chips and its first triple-core processors for desktop PCs.
It's the most anticipated matchup in the hacker world: Linux versus Mac OS X versus Vista. Who will get hacked first?
It may be the quickest US$10,000 Charlie Miller ever earned.
Microsoft's Office suite could have plausible challenger on the desktop for the first time since Lotus gave up trying to take on Redmond a decade ago.
Intel has built two new quad-core processors that run faster than previous quad-core chips without using any additional power, the company announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW