Microsoft and Intel on Tuesday will unveil a plan to fund university research into new ways to program software for multi-core processors, Microsoft confirmed Monday.
Intel on Friday confirmed it will ship quad-core chips designed specifically for notebooks, most likely for desktop replacement laptops, later this year.
Asustek Computer (Asus) predicts the Eee PC it has started selling with Microsoft Windows XP Home edition on board will outsell the original Linux-based version by a ratio of 6 to 4 in the market by the end of this year, a heady prediction considerin...
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates today outlined a future of computing akin to a Whole Earth Catalog for technology. The computing systems of the future will be more natural, responsive and capable of easily recognizing objects and people. They will also...
Although Apple updated its MacBook Air this week with a fix for the laptop's fan, some owners of the ultra-thin notebook continue to report that their machines overheat and stagger to a stop when watching video or playing games.
Advanced Micro Devices said it has started shipping triple-core Phenom processors, bringing desktops with the chip closer to release.
Imation has become the latest storage giant to jump into the burgeoning market for computer drives based on SSD (solid state drive) technology.
Intel this week confirmed that it is close to unveiling a new line of solid-state drives for laptop and notebook PCs that will feature a storage capacity up to 160GB.
More than 25 low-cost notebooks based on Intel's upcoming Atom processor are in the works, including models from multinational PC vendors, according to the chip maker's top executive in Asia.
When the Eee PC first landed on the Australian market in December, it made huge waves due to its low price and ultraportable size.
As mobile broadband takes off, Wi-Fi hotspots will become as irrelevant as telephone booths, Ericsson Chief Marketing Officer Johan Bergendahl said Monday.
Microsoft on Friday asked that a lawsuit claiming it duped consumers in a Windows Vista marketing program be suspended while the company appeals a judge's decision to grant the case class-action status.
IBM and Hitachi are expected to announce a research agreement this week in which the companies will collaborate to improve semiconductor technology, including shrinking the features on silicon chips.
Everex is refreshing its Cloudbook line of ultraportable, Linux-based notebooks with redesigned models that may eventually include low-power Intel Diamondville processors, bigger screens and more storage.
A German company wants to bring customer loyalty cards to the Internet while also making it easier for people to log in into multiple Web sites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC