To meet the growing storage needs of laptop users, Samsung Electronics on Tuesday introduced a 500G-byte hard drive that could provide a notebook PC with as much as 1T byte of storage.
Intel has warned that low prices for NAND flash memory chips will have a greater financial impact during the first quarter than company officials had initially anticipated.
Even in today's high-tech world of unified communications and wireless mobility, the idea of two kids with laptops sitting under a tree somewhere in Saharan Africa being able to exchange information without any kind of infrastructure or configuration...
Intel's Silverthorne and Diamondville chips will be called Atom and the company's Menlow platform for ultramobile computers will be renamed Centrino Atom when these products hit the market, according to a company spokesman.
Asus introduced the Eee PC in October, but accessories for the ultraportable have just started trickling out as users familiarize themselves with the PC. The accessories, which include an extended battery, mice and travel chargers, provide additional...
Microsoft is cutting the retail price of its Windows Vista operating system by as much as 20 per cent in the US, but will slash at least some versions' price tags by more than 46 per cent in both the UK and the European Union, the company confirmed.
Mozilla is in informal talks with mobile operators about its mobile Firefox project, which the organization hopes will shake up the market as much as the introduction of the desktop browser did in 2004.
If Microsoft thought a lower price for Windows Vista was what the operating system needed to kick-start sales, it should have thought twice, an analyst said.
Last-minute changes to Windows Vista broke drivers, forcing key hardware vendors to "limp out with issues" when the OS launched last year, according to a presentation by Dell that was made public last week.
Making a big splash in the ultraportable notebook category is Lenovo's latest Thinkpad model the X300. Measuring 19mm at its thinnest point and weighing just 1.3 kilograms it is one of the smallest and lightest computing solutions on the market.
The UK Home Office has launched an investigation after a buyer acquired a laptop on eBay that contained a disc with confidential information.
Windows XP is faster than the new Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) in completing common consumer and business tasks on PCs coming out of sleep mode, according to tests commissioned by Microsoft.
Watch out, Apple. The MacBook Air now has some serious company.
As it promised, Microsoft Tuesday started sending Windows Vista users an update that identifies illegal copies of the OS installed with cracks that the company will disable when it distributes Service Pack 1 (SP1) in two weeks.
Toshiba is set to unveil a line of micro-Serial ATA 1.8-in. disk drives that can operate at spin speeds of 5,400 rpm.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC