MacBook Air is stylish, ultra slim, and seems to have it all, but does it actually compete with other notebooks? We compare it with three Windows competitors.
The disk encryption technology used to secure the data in your Windows, Apple and Linux laptops can be easily circumvented, according to new research out of Princeton University.
A US federal judge in Seattle last week granted class-action status to a 2007 lawsuit that claimed Microsoft defrauded consumers by promoting PCs as "Vista Capable" when some could run only the most basic version of the then-still-unreleased operatin...
Blu-ray Disc may have beaten out HD DVD as the high-definition optical disc format to replace DVDs, but it now faces a new test against Internet downloads, market researchers Gartner and iSuppli said.
Although Microsoft has yet to fix an update that sent some Windows Vista machines into endless reboots, on Friday it spelled out several workarounds users can apply to regain control of those PCs.
Microsoft launched the first non-test version of its Windows Live SkyDrive, which provides up to 5GB of free storage capacity, Microsoft officials confirmed in a blog post this week.
The world's first transceiver integrated on a single chip that operates at 60GHz on the CMOS (complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor) process, which is the most common semiconductor technology, was announced today by NICTA.
If you think that encrypting your laptop's hard drive will keep your data safe from prying eyes, you may want to think again, according to researchers at Princeton University.
Microsoft will feed Windows Vista users an update in the next week to finger illegal copies installed with cracks that the company will bust when it rolls out Service Pack 1 (SP1) next month.
Several weeks after AOL gave Netscape Navigator a one-month reprieve, the company this week released the last update for the browser and prodded users to switch to Flock or Firefox.
Australian's who jumped in early with Toshiba's HD-DVD technology are left with an expensive upscaling device, CD/DVD burner and no future movies.
Toshiba's announcement to end production of HD DVD players and recorders will not affect the Xbox 360, even though Microsoft offers an optional stand-alone HD DVD drive for the game console, Microsoft said in a statement Tuesday.
A British company has developed an intelligent security technology that can wipe data if a laptop is moved from its designated space.
By now Toshiba's decision to [[ArtId:1019495862 | no longer develop]], manufacture, or market HD DVD players and recorders is public knowledge. What's next for the company, and for consumers who bought into the format it supported? A close look at T...
Toshiba and SanDisk will build a new state-of-the-art flash memory chip factory together starting in 2009, and will share the output from it, the companies announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- HP's new Chromebook 13 has features to match top-line Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCinstructional DesignerACT
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCCommunications OfficeACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW