Everex is refreshing its Cloudbook line of ultraportable, Linux-based notebooks with redesigned models that may eventually include low-power Intel Diamondville processors, bigger screens and more storage.
A German company wants to bring customer loyalty cards to the Internet while also making it easier for people to log in into multiple Web sites.
Advanced Micro Devices this week unveiled an energy-efficient, dual-core Athlon desktop processor.
Microsoft has told consumers that delays in updating more than 30 bonus language packs will postpone the delivery of Service Pack 1 (SP1) to some Windows Vista users.
To meet the growing storage needs of laptop users, Samsung Electronics on Tuesday introduced a 500G-byte hard drive that could provide a notebook PC with as much as 1T byte of storage.
Intel has warned that low prices for NAND flash memory chips will have a greater financial impact during the first quarter than company officials had initially anticipated.
Even in today's high-tech world of unified communications and wireless mobility, the idea of two kids with laptops sitting under a tree somewhere in Saharan Africa being able to exchange information without any kind of infrastructure or configuration...
Intel's Silverthorne and Diamondville chips will be called Atom and the company's Menlow platform for ultramobile computers will be renamed Centrino Atom when these products hit the market, according to a company spokesman.
Asus introduced the Eee PC in October, but accessories for the ultraportable have just started trickling out as users familiarize themselves with the PC. The accessories, which include an extended battery, mice and travel chargers, provide additional...
Microsoft is cutting the retail price of its Windows Vista operating system by as much as 20 per cent in the US, but will slash at least some versions' price tags by more than 46 per cent in both the UK and the European Union, the company confirmed.
Mozilla is in informal talks with mobile operators about its mobile Firefox project, which the organization hopes will shake up the market as much as the introduction of the desktop browser did in 2004.
If Microsoft thought a lower price for Windows Vista was what the operating system needed to kick-start sales, it should have thought twice, an analyst said.
Last-minute changes to Windows Vista broke drivers, forcing key hardware vendors to "limp out with issues" when the OS launched last year, according to a presentation by Dell that was made public last week.
Making a big splash in the ultraportable notebook category is Lenovo's latest Thinkpad model the X300. Measuring 19mm at its thinnest point and weighing just 1.3 kilograms it is one of the smallest and lightest computing solutions on the market.
The UK Home Office has launched an investigation after a buyer acquired a laptop on eBay that contained a disc with confidential information.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW