Parallels is developing a tool that will allow users to run Windows XP applications on machines running Windows 7.
Microsoft will make Windows 7 available to businesses and consumers in time for the typically busy holiday shopping season in the fourth quarter of the year, according to company officials.
Owners of Apple, Dell and Hewlett-Packard laptops have combined their lawsuits against Nvidia in an attempt to force the graphics chip maker to replace allegedly flawed processors, according to court documents.
Lenovo on Monday updated its IdeaPad S10 netbook, making it thinner and lighter, with a larger keyboard and touchpad in an attempt to make it easier to use.
Microsoft's delivery of Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) earlier this week boosted use of the new operating system by 22% since Monday, according to data from Web measurement company Net Applications.
Browser makers Mozilla and Opera accused Microsoft Thursday of force feeding Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to users with Windows Update and silently changing the default browser on PCs.
As the browser wars have heated up again, so have complaints that Microsoft is once again unfairly leveraging its Windows OS - this time Windows 7 - to promote its Internet Explorer browser.
Microsoft Corp. on Thursday released the beta of a free app that helps users determine whether their PC is powerful enough to run the upcoming Windows 7 operating system.
Just days after it launched Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), Microsoft has released a fix for a major flaw that slipped through testing.
Mozilla's developers have announced plans to add application multi-threading to Firefox over the next two years, a feature already partially enabled in its main rivals, IE8 and Google Chrome.
Microsoft plans to test Windows 7's update mechanism by feeding users of the just-issued Release Candidate as many as 10 fake updates in the coming week, the company said Friday.
Microsoft has rebranded its Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation system in Windows 7, likely an attempt to shed the controversial image of the antipiracy program.
Eschewing its own SUSE Linux, Novell Inc. said today that it will back Intel Corp.'s Moblin Linux in the fast-growing market for netbooks and smartphones.
Microsoft has renamed its anti-piracy technology and, starting with Windows 7, will downplay the components that enraged users in the past, a company manager said Thursday.
Dell is offering WiMax support as an option on three laptop models sold in the U.S., the company said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET/SQL) 160714/AP/265Asia
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCTest LeadNSW
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT