With Intel betting so heavily on the mobile Internet device market exploding in the next several years, industry analysts are wondering if the fledgling business can live up to the expectations.
For all the fanfare surrounding the launch of Intel's Centrino Atom chip package at the Intel Developer Forum in Shanghai, there was a notable shortage of new products based on the chips, apart from a few concept designs rolled out for the occasion.
Laptop tracking systems do work, and Absolute Software has a real-world example to add to its PR arsenal. The security tracking company's LoJack system has been used to catch alleged laptop thieves at a US airport.
Microsoft continues to give its tacit blessing for consumers to exploit a technical loophole that allows them to upgrade to Vista with Service Pack 1, even if they don't own the necessary prior editions of Windows.
Microsoft confirmed this week that it will extend the sales of Windows XP Home to OEMs beyond the current deadline of June 30, 2008, to accommodate a new class of ultra-low-cost PCs (ULCPCs) that are just beginning to pepper the market.
Microsoft said it will issue eight security updates next week, five tagged as "critical" to patch Windows, Office and Internet Explorer.
Intel reaffirmed its Nehalem family of processors is on track to enter production during the fourth quarter, with the first mobile version of the chips to be released next year.
Global memory chip makers are hurrying DDR3 (double data rate, third generation) DRAM (dynamic RAM) into Intel validation labs in hopes the processor giant's Centrino 2 laptop chips will spur DRAM demand amid a market glut.
Intel officially unveiled its low-power, newly architected Atom processor line at its Intel Developer's Forum in Shanghai Wednesday.
Over the next few weeks, Google will be rolling out a new feature that allows Google Docs users to access their documents even without an Internet connection. For now the change only applies to the word processor, but similar capabilities are expecte...
Intel's 2Go PC is another upcoming entrant to the market of ultra-budget laptops, aimed at the education sector.
The MacBook Air went first; a tiny Fujitsu laptop running Vista was hacked on the last day of the contest; but it was Linux, running on a Sony Vaio, that remained undefeated as conference organizers ended a three-way computer hacking challenge Friday...
It must be tough being Microsoft. No matter how shiny you make your OS, nor how much money your former figurehead doles out to the needy, geeks the world over think of you as 'The Man'.
The next generation Eee PC laptop by Asustek Computer will come with a multi-touch trackpad in addition to the larger screen, better Web cam and increased data storage, a company representative said this week.
Advanced Micro Devices on Thursday announced new Phenom chips, including quad-core chips and its first triple-core processors for desktop PCs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
- Hands on with NexDock, the laptop that isn't
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW