Graphics chip vendor Nvidia will reportedly introduce a line of processors designed for small, handheld computers at the Computex exhibition in Taipei next week.
Notebooks - News
Samsung Electronics plans to launch within this year a flash memory-based solid-state disk that boasts a 256G byte capacity and high-speed interface, it said Monday.
Micro-Star International (MSI) plans to launch Wind, an ultra-low cost laptop that runs on Intel's Atom microprocessor, this June in the US, the company confirmed Friday.
Mobile Web surfers in the US spend more time on classified-ad site Craigslist than on any other Web site, and they spent nearly twice as much time browsing as their British counterparts in March.
Telstra has launched a $0 laptop Next G promotion for Telstra business customers. It will be available in conjunction with Harvey Norman, Techhead Interactive and ICT Distribution.
Samsung has released details of a prototype laptop based on AMOLED (active matrix organic light-emitting diode), the technology expected to feature in the next generation of computer displays.
Microsoft has denied that its consumer security software, including Norton Internet Security and Norton 360, is to blame for wreaking havoc on some users' PCs after they upgraded to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3).
It looks as if Vista's reputation for improved security could be heading for the pages of history. PC Tools has renewed last week's attack on the platform with new figures that appear to back up its claim that Vista is almost as vulnerable as its pre...
In the four months since InfoWorld asked businesses and individuals to sign a petition at SaveXP.com asking Microsoft to keep Windows XP for sale beyond the planned June 30 general end-of-sales date, more than 200,000 have signed up to add their voic...
Power management vendor Verdiem has updated its Surveyor tools that help users regulate energy consumption by Windows-based PCs with features that solve "PC insomnia" and that automatically close open applications.
Former One Laptop Per Child President of software and content Walter Bender has launched Sugar Labs, an organization that will promote the development of the open-source user interface originally developed for the XO laptop.
Microsoft said last week that it will put filters in place to make sure AMD-powered PCs susceptible to an "endless reboot" problem can't receive Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) from the Windows Update service.
The One Laptop Per Child Project and Microsoft plan to make both Windows and Linux available on a version of the project's XO laptop, the companies said Thursday.
Windows developers are confirming the results of a survey released yesterday that found fewer than 1 in 12 programmers currently writing applications targeting Windows Vista.
Microsoft touted Windows Vista's lower patch count this week, saying it required about 20 percent fewer fixes in 2007 than the four-year-old Windows XP Service Pack 2.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC