Mobile Web surfers in the US spend more time on classified-ad site Craigslist than on any other Web site, and they spent nearly twice as much time browsing as their British counterparts in March.
Notebooks - News
Telstra has launched a $0 laptop Next G promotion for Telstra business customers. It will be available in conjunction with Harvey Norman, Techhead Interactive and ICT Distribution.
Samsung has released details of a prototype laptop based on AMOLED (active matrix organic light-emitting diode), the technology expected to feature in the next generation of computer displays.
Microsoft has denied that its consumer security software, including Norton Internet Security and Norton 360, is to blame for wreaking havoc on some users' PCs after they upgraded to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3).
It looks as if Vista's reputation for improved security could be heading for the pages of history. PC Tools has renewed last week's attack on the platform with new figures that appear to back up its claim that Vista is almost as vulnerable as its pre...
In the four months since InfoWorld asked businesses and individuals to sign a petition at SaveXP.com asking Microsoft to keep Windows XP for sale beyond the planned June 30 general end-of-sales date, more than 200,000 have signed up to add their voic...
Power management vendor Verdiem has updated its Surveyor tools that help users regulate energy consumption by Windows-based PCs with features that solve "PC insomnia" and that automatically close open applications.
Former One Laptop Per Child President of software and content Walter Bender has launched Sugar Labs, an organization that will promote the development of the open-source user interface originally developed for the XO laptop.
Microsoft said last week that it will put filters in place to make sure AMD-powered PCs susceptible to an "endless reboot" problem can't receive Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) from the Windows Update service.
The One Laptop Per Child Project and Microsoft plan to make both Windows and Linux available on a version of the project's XO laptop, the companies said Thursday.
Windows developers are confirming the results of a survey released yesterday that found fewer than 1 in 12 programmers currently writing applications targeting Windows Vista.
Microsoft touted Windows Vista's lower patch count this week, saying it required about 20 percent fewer fixes in 2007 than the four-year-old Windows XP Service Pack 2.
A former Microsoft security manager has published a tool designed to detect and fix PCs that may be susceptible to "endless reboots" if updated to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3).
With the new budget comes the announcement by the Treasurer of changes to the Fringe Benefits Tax law, which has tightened exemptions for eligible work-related items and property used on an employer's premises.
Microsoft's having a tough year with reboots. First it was a reboot ad infinitum in February, brought on by a flawed update to Windows Vista. Now the same thing's happening to some users who have updated to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3).
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
- Latest MacBook Pro price reset resembles shift to Retina in 2012
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTProgram ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)SA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCJava DeveloperWA