The disk encryption technology used to secure the data in your Windows, Apple and Linux laptops can be easily circumvented, according to new research out of Princeton University.
A US federal judge in Seattle last week granted class-action status to a 2007 lawsuit that claimed Microsoft defrauded consumers by promoting PCs as "Vista Capable" when some could run only the most basic version of the then-still-unreleased operatin...
Blu-ray Disc may have beaten out HD DVD as the high-definition optical disc format to replace DVDs, but it now faces a new test against Internet downloads, market researchers Gartner and iSuppli said.
Although Microsoft has yet to fix an update that sent some Windows Vista machines into endless reboots, on Friday it spelled out several workarounds users can apply to regain control of those PCs.
Microsoft launched the first non-test version of its Windows Live SkyDrive, which provides up to 5GB of free storage capacity, Microsoft officials confirmed in a blog post this week.
The world's first transceiver integrated on a single chip that operates at 60GHz on the CMOS (complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor) process, which is the most common semiconductor technology, was announced today by NICTA.
If you think that encrypting your laptop's hard drive will keep your data safe from prying eyes, you may want to think again, according to researchers at Princeton University.
Microsoft will feed Windows Vista users an update in the next week to finger illegal copies installed with cracks that the company will bust when it rolls out Service Pack 1 (SP1) next month.
Several weeks after AOL gave Netscape Navigator a one-month reprieve, the company this week released the last update for the browser and prodded users to switch to Flock or Firefox.
Australian's who jumped in early with Toshiba's HD-DVD technology are left with an expensive upscaling device, CD/DVD burner and no future movies.
Toshiba's announcement to end production of HD DVD players and recorders will not affect the Xbox 360, even though Microsoft offers an optional stand-alone HD DVD drive for the game console, Microsoft said in a statement Tuesday.
A British company has developed an intelligent security technology that can wipe data if a laptop is moved from its designated space.
By now Toshiba's decision to [[ArtId:1019495862 | no longer develop]], manufacture, or market HD DVD players and recorders is public knowledge. What's next for the company, and for consumers who bought into the format it supported? A close look at T...
Toshiba and SanDisk will build a new state-of-the-art flash memory chip factory together starting in 2009, and will share the output from it, the companies announced Tuesday.
Updates that Microsoft began feeding Windows Vista users last week to prep PCs for next month's release of Service Pack 1 (SP1) have crippled some machines, according to messages posted to the company's support site.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Loyalty SystemsNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW