Sony Ericsson used the GSM Mobile World Conference to launch two new mobile broadband ExpressCards. The EC400 and EC400g simply slide into a laptop's Expresscard slot to allow 7.2Mbps (megabits per second) in download and 2Mbps uploads.
Investors in Tokyo welcomed news reports that Toshiba is considering pulling the plug on its HD DVD format by pushing the company's shares up 5 percent in Monday trading.
A French company is selling a desktop computer to those people for whom size really does matter.
Sony is beating its own target for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and will begin promoting a sustainable lifestyle to consumers through its products, its chief executive said Friday.
Toshiba has halted production of HD DVD players and recorders and is close to making a decision on whether to throw in the towel on the high-definition movie disc format, Japanese public broadcaster NHK reported Saturday evening.
A Washington, D.C., woman has filed a lawsuit seeking US$54 million in damages from Best Buy after the electronics retailer lost her laptop computer last year.
Ultraportable laptops have a history of requiring compromises when it comes to performance. Lately, the PC World Test Center has seen some improvements in this regard--especially with respect to battery life. Unfortunately, you'll still be making maj...
Microsoft's aggressive defense of its intellectual property, which includes claims that Linux violates a number of its patents, is nothing more than "a marketing thing," according to Linus Torvalds, creator of the Linux kernel.
Microsoft has bought Caligari, a developer of 3D modeling software, in a move that could help enrich the graphics experience in Microsoft's Virtual Earth mapping system.
A revolt among IT professionals and developers is brewing over Microsoft's decision to hold the release-to-manufacturing (RTM) version of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1), with some admitting that they've downloaded pirated copies to begin testing ...
Following the announcement that Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) had been shipped to manufacturing, Microsoft late last week confirmed that it seeded another build of Windows XP SP3 to a closed-set group of testers.
Dell has scaled back the range of consumer PCs with processors from Advanced Micro Devices that it sells on its Web site, focussing almost exclusively on systems with Intel processors.
Microsoft is revising a program that allows Windows Vista customers to upgrade from a basic version of its OS to one of the premium editions.
Two civil liberties groups have filed a lawsuit against the US Department of Homeland Security, complaining that the agency's Customs and Border Protection (CBP) division has routinely searched many US citizens' laptops and other electronic devices a...
Microsoft warns software pirates over Vista download
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC