MSI's GS70 is an interesting gaming machine, with a very slight nod towards portability thanks to its thin profile, at least as far as gaming laptops are concerned. There's plenty of grunt under the multicoloured Steel Series keyboard, although that...
In the notebook space, you definitely get what you pay for, and in the lower price scales, the performance and build compromises you put up with can vary quite a lot. It's in this space that Acer pitches the Aspire E5 range. Acer sells the Aspire E5 ...
Earlier we reviewed the Apple MacBook, and although it was undeniably easy to take with us on the go, it was tougher to work on everyday. The Air variant is a little bigger, but it retains a strong set of connections and a keyboard soft enough on fin...
Dell’s 15.6-inch Inspiron 15 7000 Series notebook is a computer for a home that doesn’t want (or require) a traditional desktop PC. It’s also rather slim considering its size, and at 2.13kg is not overly heavy to lug around when portability is needed...
Occasionally, reviewers are sent versions of notebooks that don’t really show off the best that the manufacturer has to offer. The Lenovo ThinkPad T550 is one such example, with the basic spec that was sent to us being merely a curtain raiser for wha...
HP’s EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 Special Edition notebook has a 12.5in screen and weighs 1.04kg. That size and weight combination is a point of emphasis for this laptop, in addition to a strong build quality. Construction materials include magnesium-lith...
Finding the right laptop should be about feel and comfort as much as it is about specs. For many of us, the specs don’t matter that much. What we value most in a Windows-based laptop is easy portability, good keys, connectivity features, and somethin...
Despite being a two-piece hybrid device that can be used as both notebook and tablet, HP’s Elite x2 feels more like a heavy notebook of old when you first pick it up and start using it. It’s of a small size (11.6 inches) and it has the sturdy build t...
Almost every component of Apple's MacBook has been redesigned and reengineered in order to produce one of the slimmest and lightest notebooks in its history.
Dell's Latitude E5250 won't look like anything special to most people. It has a square design, a dark, single-colour paint scheme, and its thickness is perhaps a little too much for people who are used to Ultrabook-style offerings. But it's a busines...
Microsoft told us that its goal for the Surface 3 tablet is to “get the Surface into more folks’ hands”. It reckons it can do this by offering a more affordable product that’s still similar in form and function to the Surface Pro 3. How has it achiev...
Premium presentation and build quality make the 13.3-inch HP Spectre x360 (13-4009TU) immediately eye-catching. Its all-silver styling, polished bits, and raised ‘Hewlett Packard’ lettering on the lid, all make it look like a product that’s costly. D...
The Venue 8 7000 is an Intel powered tablet that has four cameras and an unusual design. Has Dell gone bonkers or is the Venue 8 a reimagining of the popular slate?
For those of you who like the idea of having a tablet and notebook in one physical device, the Asus Transformer Book T300 Chi is a neat example of what you should be looking for. It’s a 2-in-1 device with a firm tablet-first design that runs Intel’s ...
If you happen to be in the market for an inexpensive gaming laptop, look out for Gigabyte’s G3 at MSY stores. It’s a 13.3in model with a configuration that includes an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M graphics adapter, and it should handle many modern titles ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
- Hands on with NexDock, the laptop that isn't
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia