Toshiba's Satellite M500 (PSMKCA-009007) is a 14in, fully featured notebook that's suitable for business and home users alike. It has a dual-core Core 2 Duo CPU, modern ports and slots and a surprisingly good speaker system for a notebook of its size...
Notebooks - Reviews
MSI's CR620 is a 16in desktop replacement notebook that costs just $1199. It comes equipped with an Intel Core i3-330M CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM and a 500GB hard drive, so it will perform just fine when running office applications and even more taxing t...
ViewSonic's ViewBook Pro one of the rare ultraportable laptops to have a built-in optical drive along with a competitive price -- it costs only $1349. A DVD burner is installed in the right side of the notebook and it's a refreshing change compared t...
The ASUS N61Ja is a 16in notebook with a fast Core i5-430M CPU and a lot of modern features. In fact, it's the first notebook we've seen to sport a USB 3.0 port. It's a hefty laptop that weighs 2.7kg and it's best suited as a desktop replacement. Wit...
It may look big and bulky, but Samsung's R580 is a 16in notebook that's surprisingly light. It weighs only 2.5kg and it feels very well built; it also looks stunning in its gradated, burgundy colour. While it's best suited as a desktop replacement, y...
Like its Italian namesake, the ASUS Lamborghini VX5 needs little introduction. Over the past few years, we've reviewed a suite of these ultra-deluxe notebooks, with each new model impressing on the performance front, but bombing out when it comes to ...
HP's Pavilion dm3-101tu (VV707PA) is a 13.3in notebook with good speed, long battery life, a strong yet lean body, and an affordable price tag.
Fujitsu's UH900 3.5G is a full-blown pocketable ultra-mobile PC (UMPC) that weighs in at around 500 grams and is only 20cm long, 10.5cm deep and 2.5cm thick. It's designed to be a non-intrusive computer that you can discretely use to check email and ...
Fujitsu's LifeBook P3010 is an 11.6in notebook with plenty of style and reasonable performance. It's designed for business users who want something fashionable, small and functional for creating content and running presentations; the best part is tha...
The ASUS U50Vg notebook is like a 15.6in portable reflecting pool — but without the benefit of ripples. It has an all-over gloss that reflects any lights within its vicinity and you can see yourself in its screen and chassis when you use it, wh...
MSI has released the Wind Millions Special Edition U135 to celebrate the sale of more than 1 million Wind netbooks worldwide. The MSI Wind Millions Special Edition U135 is a 10in netbook with plenty of style. It has an elegant woven pattern on its l...
Lenovo's ThinkPad Edge 13" is a 13.3in business laptop that looks unlike most ThinkPad notebooks. It has a glossy screen, raised and rounded keys and a two-tone colour scheme, and it doesn't have some of the traditional features we expect on a ThinkP...
Dell's Latitude E4300 is a 13.3in notebook for business users who are looking for something very portable, yet fast and well built. It's a stylish notebook -- ours came with a blue lid — and its straight lines make it look very clean. You get d...
Medion's Akoya E7212 is a large, 17.3in laptop that's inexpensive yet fast and well featured. It's suitable as a desktop replacement notebook for students and families that don't want to fork over more than $800 for a new computer, and it can be used...
As you probably already know by now, Apple is holding a product event in later this month. The big question on everyone's mind: Are tablets on the table?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- CCICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCSenior Siebel AnalystACT
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW