Google released its Chrome operating system last week to a great deal of hoopla and debate — depending on your point of view, it was either the Next Big Thing or Much Ado About Nothing.
Toshiba's Satellite T110 is a slimline laptop that's just a little bigger than a typical 10in netbook yet approximately twice as powerful. It's an 11.6in, Pentium-powered notebook and it can be used for watching videos, creating office documents and ...
Dell's Precision M2400 Mobile Workstation is a 14.1in notebook built for users who desire a powerful yet portable computer on which to run graphic design and engineering applications. It looks big and menacing at first glance, but it's not actually a...
The ASUS G60J is a powerful notebook with an Intel Core i7 Mobile Processor. It wears the Republic of Gamers badge, which means it can run many of the latest games. It has a 16in screen and a powerful graphics card, and it's comfortable to use -- eve...
HP's Envy 13 is a 13.1in notebook with an Intel Core 2 Duo L9600 CPU and 3GB of DDR3 RAM that runs the 64-bit version of Windows 7. It's designed specifically for users who want something stylish, well built, and fast yet small. But it's hardly good ...
This HP Mini netbook has a name we just love to say: Tord Boontje. It also has a design we love to look at: the lid has sub-surface moulded patterns that depict flora and endangered animals in 3D.
HP's Mini 311 is an 11.6in netbook that weighs 1.4kg. It's one of the first netbooks to come with Windows 7 Home Premium preinstalled. It's also one of the first to use NVIDIA's ION platform, with an NVIDIA system chipset and integrated GeForce 9400M...
MSI's Wind 12 U200 is the first netbook we've seen to ship with Windows 7 straight out of the box. However, with a 12.1in screen and an Intel Core 2 Solo CPU, we're loathe to call it a netbook. It's much bigger than a conventional netbook and a good ...
The Sony VAIO W (VPCW115XGP) is reasonably expensive but it's one of the best looking netbooks on the market, and it's reasonably comfortable to use. It has a keyboard with isolated keys, a large touchpad and a vibrant screen, as well as a lovely two...
Lenovo's IdeaPad S10-2 is a simple 10.1in netbook that can be used for browsing the Web, creating office documents, viewing photos and watching standard-definition videos. It's small (25.8x19.3cm) and has small keys (16mm wide) but it is not too unco...
The MSI GX620 is a mid-range 15.4in gaming laptop -- and it sure looks like it's built for gamers. It has brushed aluminium panels and a red trim, touch-sensitive multimedia shortcut buttons and a number pad. The W, A, S and D keys and the number pad...
It may be a slimline laptop, but the MSI X-Slim X600 definitely isn’t small. It has a 15.6in wide screen display that’s perfect for office work, watching videos and browsing the Web; and it has enough CPU power to run almost any application.
The HP Pavilion dv2-1132AX is one of the new breed of slim laptops to hit the Australian market. It aims to be very portable, affordable and reasonably powerful -- and it hits the mark in all three areas. This 12.1in notebook costs $1299 and is perfe...
ASUS' N61Vn 16in notebook is great for entertainment and has enough power to chew through 3D rendering tasks with ease. Boasting superior sound and a multi-touch trackpad, the notebook is clearly aimed at the fashion-conscious market but it lacks the...
A standard netbook with a pretty conventional design, Samsung's NC10 won't turn many heads, but its crowning feature is built-in 3G wireless broadband. Partnered with Optus, the Samsung NC10 becomes a handy road-warrior -- if you can live with the ti...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW