Dell's Vostro 3700 is a 17.3in business notebook that's aimed at small business users who are looking for a large, affordable desktop replacement. It packs plenty of performance into its sturdy chassis for everyday office and online communications ta...
Notebooks - Reviews
The HP Mini 210 (NB-210-1017TU_01) is a 10in netbook with plenty of style. It looks and feels different to the netbook it replaces -- the HP Mini 110 -- but it still performs like a netbook. It offers a very solid keyboard with isolated (island-style...
Toshiba's NB300 is a 10in netbook with a slim frame, a long battery life and an advanced Sleep-and-Charge USB port. It's an almost perfect netbook for travellers thanks to these features, but even students and business users who are in the market for...
Fujitsu's LifeBook SH760 may not look like a powerhouse notebook, but inside its tiny frame are a high-end Intel Core i7 CPU, a USB 3.0 controller chip, a decent NVIDIA GeForce 310M graphics card and 4GB of DDR3 RAM. Despite the formidable specs, it ...
Toshiba's Satellite M500 (PSMKCA-009007) is a 14in, fully featured notebook that's suitable for business and home users alike. It has a dual-core Core 2 Duo CPU, modern ports and slots and a surprisingly good speaker system for a notebook of its size...
MSI's CR620 is a 16in desktop replacement notebook that costs just $1199. It comes equipped with an Intel Core i3-330M CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM and a 500GB hard drive, so it will perform just fine when running office applications and even more taxing t...
ViewSonic's ViewBook Pro one of the rare ultraportable laptops to have a built-in optical drive along with a competitive price -- it costs only $1349. A DVD burner is installed in the right side of the notebook and it's a refreshing change compared t...
The ASUS N61Ja is a 16in notebook with a fast Core i5-430M CPU and a lot of modern features. In fact, it's the first notebook we've seen to sport a USB 3.0 port. It's a hefty laptop that weighs 2.7kg and it's best suited as a desktop replacement. Wit...
It may look big and bulky, but Samsung's R580 is a 16in notebook that's surprisingly light. It weighs only 2.5kg and it feels very well built; it also looks stunning in its gradated, burgundy colour. While it's best suited as a desktop replacement, y...
Like its Italian namesake, the ASUS Lamborghini VX5 needs little introduction. Over the past few years, we've reviewed a suite of these ultra-deluxe notebooks, with each new model impressing on the performance front, but bombing out when it comes to ...
HP's Pavilion dm3-101tu (VV707PA) is a 13.3in notebook with good speed, long battery life, a strong yet lean body, and an affordable price tag.
Fujitsu's UH900 3.5G is a full-blown pocketable ultra-mobile PC (UMPC) that weighs in at around 500 grams and is only 20cm long, 10.5cm deep and 2.5cm thick. It's designed to be a non-intrusive computer that you can discretely use to check email and ...
Fujitsu's LifeBook P3010 is an 11.6in notebook with plenty of style and reasonable performance. It's designed for business users who want something fashionable, small and functional for creating content and running presentations; the best part is tha...
The ASUS U50Vg notebook is like a 15.6in portable reflecting pool — but without the benefit of ripples. It has an all-over gloss that reflects any lights within its vicinity and you can see yourself in its screen and chassis when you use it, wh...
MSI has released the Wind Millions Special Edition U135 to celebrate the sale of more than 1 million Wind netbooks worldwide. The MSI Wind Millions Special Edition U135 is a 10in netbook with plenty of style. It has an elegant woven pattern on its l...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
- Latest MacBook Pro price reset resembles shift to Retina in 2012
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA