Sony's VAIO X Series (VPCX113KGB) ultraportable laptop is designed for executives who want something stylish and very light. It has an 11.1in screen, it's made out of carbon fibre and aluminium and it weighs just 655 grams.
The HP Envy 15 is the larger of two premium notebooks from HP, this model featuring a new Core i7 quad-core Intel processor. The smaller HP Envy 13 is an attractive 13in notebook, distinguished by thoughtful design and incredible battery life. But th...
The Dell Precision M6500 notebook has a true, full-size keyboard and superior LED technology in its 17in screen. However, it is heavy, somewhat cumbersome, and pricey.
With the release of Windows 7 and its inbuilt support for multitouch input and gestures, touch-screen computing is gathering steam. Not only can you get all-in-one PCs with touch screens and tablet-convertible notebooks, you can also get regular note...
The Fujitsu LifeBook P3110 is an 11.6in notebook that's bigger and more powerful than a typical netbook. At only 1.6kg, it's still just as easy to carry around as a 10in netbook, but the increased size makes it more comfortable to use. We think the b...
ASUS' UL80Vt is a 14in notebook that's built for people who want plenty of features and good speed, yet want a laptop that's reasonably light and capable of lasting a long time away from a power outlet. It weighs approximately 2kg and ships with an 8...
Attractive and interesting, but not without its flaws. It's been one of the internet stories of the past week or so, but does the Fusion Garage JooJoo web-browsing tablet warrant your interest?
If there is one overwhelming opinion about the Sony VAIO CW Series (VPCCW15FGW) notebook at PC World, it's that it should not be available in pink. Everyone who saw it in our Test Centre despised the colour, wishing instead for black or white (or eve...
When we picked up the ASUS Eee PC 1008HA (or the Seashell, as it is known), we could tell that it was one of the nicest netbooks on the market -- if not the nicest.
Fujitsu's LifeBook T5010 is a 13.3in tablet-convertible notebook with excellent build quality, good speed and plenty of features. It's powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 CPU, and has a bright touch screen with Wacom's interface technology built in....
Apple's latest MacBook upgrade borrows some inspiration from the more expensive MacBook Pro notebook. It's also priced more affordably than previous models. A unibody enclosure, multitouch capabilities and an upgraded display make this entry-level Ma...
Google released its Chrome operating system last week to a great deal of hoopla and debate — depending on your point of view, it was either the Next Big Thing or Much Ado About Nothing.
Toshiba's Satellite T110 is a slimline laptop that's just a little bigger than a typical 10in netbook yet approximately twice as powerful. It's an 11.6in, Pentium-powered notebook and it can be used for watching videos, creating office documents and ...
Dell's Precision M2400 Mobile Workstation is a 14.1in notebook built for users who desire a powerful yet portable computer on which to run graphic design and engineering applications. It looks big and menacing at first glance, but it's not actually a...
The ASUS G60J is a powerful notebook with an Intel Core i7 Mobile Processor. It wears the Republic of Gamers badge, which means it can run many of the latest games. It has a 16in screen and a powerful graphics card, and it's comfortable to use -- eve...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why my older Chromebook has a right to live, even if Google says it's over
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- A Surface all-in-one PC may lead a Microsoft hardware refresh in October
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 for laptops break the mobile mold
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW