MSI's Wind 12 U200 is the first netbook we've seen to ship with Windows 7 straight out of the box. However, with a 12.1in screen and an Intel Core 2 Solo CPU, we're loathe to call it a netbook. It's much bigger than a conventional netbook and a good ...
The Sony VAIO W (VPCW115XGP) is reasonably expensive but it's one of the best looking netbooks on the market, and it's reasonably comfortable to use. It has a keyboard with isolated keys, a large touchpad and a vibrant screen, as well as a lovely two...
Lenovo's IdeaPad S10-2 is a simple 10.1in netbook that can be used for browsing the Web, creating office documents, viewing photos and watching standard-definition videos. It's small (25.8x19.3cm) and has small keys (16mm wide) but it is not too unco...
The MSI GX620 is a mid-range 15.4in gaming laptop -- and it sure looks like it's built for gamers. It has brushed aluminium panels and a red trim, touch-sensitive multimedia shortcut buttons and a number pad. The W, A, S and D keys and the number pad...
It may be a slimline laptop, but the MSI X-Slim X600 definitely isn’t small. It has a 15.6in wide screen display that’s perfect for office work, watching videos and browsing the Web; and it has enough CPU power to run almost any application.
The HP Pavilion dv2-1132AX is one of the new breed of slim laptops to hit the Australian market. It aims to be very portable, affordable and reasonably powerful -- and it hits the mark in all three areas. This 12.1in notebook costs $1299 and is perfe...
ASUS' N61Vn 16in notebook is great for entertainment and has enough power to chew through 3D rendering tasks with ease. Boasting superior sound and a multi-touch trackpad, the notebook is clearly aimed at the fashion-conscious market but it lacks the...
A standard netbook with a pretty conventional design, Samsung's NC10 won't turn many heads, but its crowning feature is built-in 3G wireless broadband. Partnered with Optus, the Samsung NC10 becomes a handy road-warrior -- if you can live with the ti...
The Dell Inspiron 1545 is an affordable all-purpose notebook with a 15.6in widescreen LCD. While it's unlikely to turn heads with its pedestrian style, this Dell Inspiron laptop remains a perfectly serviceable notebook that punches well above its wei...
BenQ's Joybook Lite U121 Eco is more than a typical netbook. It has a large 11.6in screen with a 1366x768 resolution, and this has allowed BenQ to install a full-sized keyboard on the wider chassis.
Telstra has teamed up with Acer to provide a Windows XP-based netbook solution with a built-in Next G module. This module makes it possible to logon to the Internet from anywhere within Telstra's mobile network, making it the ultimate tool for a road...
ViewSonic's VNB101 netbook won't turn many heads, but it's a decent, albeit quirky, little laptop for users who want something small and reasonably easy to use. It runs Windows XP, but it also has a version of Linux installed that you can boot into q...
Toshiba's Satellite A500 (PSAM3A-03P00E) is packed with features that not only make it a suitable desktop replacement notebook but also a credible home entertainment hub. It's a 16in notebook and weighs 3kg, so it will be a little awkward to lug to a...
Rarely have the words "Sony" and "affordable" appeared in the same sentence without some back-handed joke being made about how those words should never appear in the same sentence. Yet the 15.5in VAIO VGN-NW15G (which is part of Sony's NW series of n...
When is a netbook so good that it feels like you’re using a regular laptop? Pretty much never, but the HP Mini 5101 feels as close to a real notebook as you'll get with a netbook, and we think it's a brilliant product. It's built out of metal and is ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC