BenQ's Joybook Lite U121 Eco is more than a typical netbook. It has a large 11.6in screen with a 1366x768 resolution, and this has allowed BenQ to install a full-sized keyboard on the wider chassis.
Telstra has teamed up with Acer to provide a Windows XP-based netbook solution with a built-in Next G module. This module makes it possible to logon to the Internet from anywhere within Telstra's mobile network, making it the ultimate tool for a road...
ViewSonic's VNB101 netbook won't turn many heads, but it's a decent, albeit quirky, little laptop for users who want something small and reasonably easy to use. It runs Windows XP, but it also has a version of Linux installed that you can boot into q...
Toshiba's Satellite A500 (PSAM3A-03P00E) is packed with features that not only make it a suitable desktop replacement notebook but also a credible home entertainment hub. It's a 16in notebook and weighs 3kg, so it will be a little awkward to lug to a...
Rarely have the words "Sony" and "affordable" appeared in the same sentence without some back-handed joke being made about how those words should never appear in the same sentence. Yet the 15.5in VAIO VGN-NW15G (which is part of Sony's NW series of n...
When is a netbook so good that it feels like you’re using a regular laptop? Pretty much never, but the HP Mini 5101 feels as close to a real notebook as you'll get with a netbook, and we think it's a brilliant product. It's built out of metal and is ...
The Agora Netbook Pro is an entry-level mini-laptop from the caliph of cut-price bargains, Kogan Technologies. With an RRP of $439, it’s currently one of the cheapest netbooks on the Australian market.
The Viliv S5 Premium UMPC is speedy and well connected, but disappointing 3G support and an awkward software keyboard make it less than ideal for everyday use.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-19MK3 is a fully ruggedised tablet-convertible laptop with a 10.4in screen. It's aimed at professionals who work in factories, on building sites, outdoors or on the road. This notebook is suitable for law enforcement, emerg...
The ASUS U80V is an all-purpose notebook with some visual surprises under the hood, including a touch-sensitive LED trackpad (altogether now: "Ooooooh! Ahhhhhh!"). The ASUS U80V offers a good range of components for the asking price and will run day-...
Sony's latest P Series VAIO is described by the company as a "pocket style PC". It's quite possibly the sexiest, smallest and most stylish notebook we've ever laid eyes on. It's dubbed the "world’s lightest 8-inch notebook", and Sony is keen to state...
Toshiba calls the 13.3in Satellite U500 (PSU5EA-00X012) its 'hero' notebook because it combines a small size with powerful performance, and it has almost all the features that are found on bigger laptops in the Satellite range. It runs an Intel Core ...
HP pioneered the notion of transforming a netbook into a corporate raider. The idea seems like a budget-conscious no-brainer now, but 18 months ago the HP 2133 Mini-Note was a wolf pack of one. Since then, the netbook market has evolved - and so have...
Go on, grab the Dell Latitude XT2--it just feels good. The rugged metal-alloy casing gives it a solid, substantial frame.
While the MSI Wind U115 may not look special at first glance, this is not a typical netbook. It has a very long battery life, 802.11n wireless networking (Ralink 1t2r), Intel GMA 500 graphics, and two storage devices: a solid-state drive and a conven...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia