The MSI GX620 is a mid-range 15.4in gaming laptop -- and it sure looks like it's built for gamers. It has brushed aluminium panels and a red trim, touch-sensitive multimedia shortcut buttons and a number pad. The W, A, S and D keys and the number pad...
It may be a slimline laptop, but the MSI X-Slim X600 definitely isn’t small. It has a 15.6in wide screen display that’s perfect for office work, watching videos and browsing the Web; and it has enough CPU power to run almost any application.
The HP Pavilion dv2-1132AX is one of the new breed of slim laptops to hit the Australian market. It aims to be very portable, affordable and reasonably powerful -- and it hits the mark in all three areas. This 12.1in notebook costs $1299 and is perfe...
ASUS' N61Vn 16in notebook is great for entertainment and has enough power to chew through 3D rendering tasks with ease. Boasting superior sound and a multi-touch trackpad, the notebook is clearly aimed at the fashion-conscious market but it lacks the...
A standard netbook with a pretty conventional design, Samsung's NC10 won't turn many heads, but its crowning feature is built-in 3G wireless broadband. Partnered with Optus, the Samsung NC10 becomes a handy road-warrior -- if you can live with the ti...
The Dell Inspiron 1545 is an affordable all-purpose notebook with a 15.6in widescreen LCD. While it's unlikely to turn heads with its pedestrian style, this Dell Inspiron laptop remains a perfectly serviceable notebook that punches well above its wei...
BenQ's Joybook Lite U121 Eco is more than a typical netbook. It has a large 11.6in screen with a 1366x768 resolution, and this has allowed BenQ to install a full-sized keyboard on the wider chassis.
Telstra has teamed up with Acer to provide a Windows XP-based netbook solution with a built-in Next G module. This module makes it possible to logon to the Internet from anywhere within Telstra's mobile network, making it the ultimate tool for a road...
ViewSonic's VNB101 netbook won't turn many heads, but it's a decent, albeit quirky, little laptop for users who want something small and reasonably easy to use. It runs Windows XP, but it also has a version of Linux installed that you can boot into q...
Toshiba's Satellite A500 (PSAM3A-03P00E) is packed with features that not only make it a suitable desktop replacement notebook but also a credible home entertainment hub. It's a 16in notebook and weighs 3kg, so it will be a little awkward to lug to a...
Rarely have the words "Sony" and "affordable" appeared in the same sentence without some back-handed joke being made about how those words should never appear in the same sentence. Yet the 15.5in VAIO VGN-NW15G (which is part of Sony's NW series of n...
When is a netbook so good that it feels like you’re using a regular laptop? Pretty much never, but the HP Mini 5101 feels as close to a real notebook as you'll get with a netbook, and we think it's a brilliant product. It's built out of metal and is ...
The Agora Netbook Pro is an entry-level mini-laptop from the caliph of cut-price bargains, Kogan Technologies. With an RRP of $439, it’s currently one of the cheapest netbooks on the Australian market.
The Viliv S5 Premium UMPC is speedy and well connected, but disappointing 3G support and an awkward software keyboard make it less than ideal for everyday use.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-19MK3 is a fully ruggedised tablet-convertible laptop with a 10.4in screen. It's aimed at professionals who work in factories, on building sites, outdoors or on the road. This notebook is suitable for law enforcement, emerg...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW