Lenovo's ThinkPad Edge 13" is a 13.3in business laptop that looks unlike most ThinkPad notebooks. It has a glossy screen, raised and rounded keys and a two-tone colour scheme, and it doesn't have some of the traditional features we expect on a ThinkP...
Notebooks - Reviews
Dell's Latitude E4300 is a 13.3in notebook for business users who are looking for something very portable, yet fast and well built. It's a stylish notebook -- ours came with a blue lid — and its straight lines make it look very clean. You get d...
Medion's Akoya E7212 is a large, 17.3in laptop that's inexpensive yet fast and well featured. It's suitable as a desktop replacement notebook for students and families that don't want to fork over more than $800 for a new computer, and it can be used...
As you probably already know by now, Apple is holding a product event in later this month. The big question on everyone's mind: Are tablets on the table?
Lenovo's ThinkPad X100e is an ultraportable notebook aimed primarily at business users who want something mobile but affordable. It weighs only 1.5kg, has an 11.6in screen and costs $999. It features one of the best keyboards in its class and it's al...
Dell's Vostro V13 is a slimline, 13.3in business notebook with plenty of style and a very sturdy body. It feels great to use and it has a decent amount of power under the hood. Best of all, it only weighs around 1.5kg. It's an almost perfect combinat...
Tablet PCs came out of the closet in record numbers at the recently concluded CES 2010, but Asus had one out for a while. The Asus Eee PC T91 doubles up as a netbook and low-cost tablet PC with touch input support on its 8.9in screen.
Sony's VAIO X Series (VPCX113KGB) ultraportable laptop is designed for executives who want something stylish and very light. It has an 11.1in screen, it's made out of carbon fibre and aluminium and it weighs just 655 grams.
The HP Envy 15 is the larger of two premium notebooks from HP, this model featuring a new Core i7 quad-core Intel processor. The smaller HP Envy 13 is an attractive 13in notebook, distinguished by thoughtful design and incredible battery life. But th...
The Dell Precision M6500 notebook has a true, full-size keyboard and superior LED technology in its 17in screen. However, it is heavy, somewhat cumbersome, and pricey.
With the release of Windows 7 and its inbuilt support for multitouch input and gestures, touch-screen computing is gathering steam. Not only can you get all-in-one PCs with touch screens and tablet-convertible notebooks, you can also get regular note...
The Fujitsu LifeBook P3110 is an 11.6in notebook that's bigger and more powerful than a typical netbook. At only 1.6kg, it's still just as easy to carry around as a 10in netbook, but the increased size makes it more comfortable to use. We think the b...
ASUS' UL80Vt is a 14in notebook that's built for people who want plenty of features and good speed, yet want a laptop that's reasonably light and capable of lasting a long time away from a power outlet. It weighs approximately 2kg and ships with an 8...
Attractive and interesting, but not without its flaws. It's been one of the internet stories of the past week or so, but does the Fusion Garage JooJoo web-browsing tablet warrant your interest?
If there is one overwhelming opinion about the Sony VAIO CW Series (VPCCW15FGW) notebook at PC World, it's that it should not be available in pink. Everyone who saw it in our Test Centre despised the colour, wishing instead for black or white (or eve...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD