The Dell Inspiron 1545 is an affordable all-purpose notebook with a 15.6in widescreen LCD. While it's unlikely to turn heads with its pedestrian style, this Dell Inspiron laptop remains a perfectly serviceable notebook that punches well above its wei...
BenQ's Joybook Lite U121 Eco is more than a typical netbook. It has a large 11.6in screen with a 1366x768 resolution, and this has allowed BenQ to install a full-sized keyboard on the wider chassis.
Telstra has teamed up with Acer to provide a Windows XP-based netbook solution with a built-in Next G module. This module makes it possible to logon to the Internet from anywhere within Telstra's mobile network, making it the ultimate tool for a road...
ViewSonic's VNB101 netbook won't turn many heads, but it's a decent, albeit quirky, little laptop for users who want something small and reasonably easy to use. It runs Windows XP, but it also has a version of Linux installed that you can boot into q...
Toshiba's Satellite A500 (PSAM3A-03P00E) is packed with features that not only make it a suitable desktop replacement notebook but also a credible home entertainment hub. It's a 16in notebook and weighs 3kg, so it will be a little awkward to lug to a...
Rarely have the words "Sony" and "affordable" appeared in the same sentence without some back-handed joke being made about how those words should never appear in the same sentence. Yet the 15.5in VAIO VGN-NW15G (which is part of Sony's NW series of n...
When is a netbook so good that it feels like you’re using a regular laptop? Pretty much never, but the HP Mini 5101 feels as close to a real notebook as you'll get with a netbook, and we think it's a brilliant product. It's built out of metal and is ...
The Agora Netbook Pro is an entry-level mini-laptop from the caliph of cut-price bargains, Kogan Technologies. With an RRP of $439, it’s currently one of the cheapest netbooks on the Australian market.
The Viliv S5 Premium UMPC is speedy and well connected, but disappointing 3G support and an awkward software keyboard make it less than ideal for everyday use.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-19MK3 is a fully ruggedised tablet-convertible laptop with a 10.4in screen. It's aimed at professionals who work in factories, on building sites, outdoors or on the road. This notebook is suitable for law enforcement, emerg...
The ASUS U80V is an all-purpose notebook with some visual surprises under the hood, including a touch-sensitive LED trackpad (altogether now: "Ooooooh! Ahhhhhh!"). The ASUS U80V offers a good range of components for the asking price and will run day-...
Sony's latest P Series VAIO is described by the company as a "pocket style PC". It's quite possibly the sexiest, smallest and most stylish notebook we've ever laid eyes on. It's dubbed the "world’s lightest 8-inch notebook", and Sony is keen to state...
Toshiba calls the 13.3in Satellite U500 (PSU5EA-00X012) its 'hero' notebook because it combines a small size with powerful performance, and it has almost all the features that are found on bigger laptops in the Satellite range. It runs an Intel Core ...
HP pioneered the notion of transforming a netbook into a corporate raider. The idea seems like a budget-conscious no-brainer now, but 18 months ago the HP 2133 Mini-Note was a wolf pack of one. Since then, the netbook market has evolved - and so have...
Go on, grab the Dell Latitude XT2--it just feels good. The rugged metal-alloy casing gives it a solid, substantial frame.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW