Netbooks might be all the rage these days, but there is nothing like the power and feel of a fully featured, slim-profile laptop such as Lenovo's ThinkPad T400s. Sure, it costs over $3000, but that's because it is immaculately built and has some of t...
Apple's 13in MacBook Pro is the smallest notebook in the company's "Pro" range, but it still packs quite a punch. This laptop is a fantastic compromise between size and power, though its upgrade options could be cheaper.
Apple's latest 15in MacBook Pro notebook doesn’t offer anything radically new, but minor internal component upgrades, an SD card slot and the unibody aluminium enclosure introduced in late 2008 ensure it remains an excellent notebook.
Make no mistake, netbooks when compared with full-featured notebooks or PCs, do not perform the same tasks with the same speed due to less CPU power and the small form factor. Netbooks are perfect for running basic tasks while you're at home or on th...
Dell's Vostro notebooks target small businesses and are available with 12in, 13.3in, 15.4in and 17in screens. The Dell Vostro 1720 is a 17in model; it's basically a desktop replacement notebook that can be used at home or in the office. You can take ...
With the Eee PC Seashell 1005HA (SBLK01), ASUS has introduced a netbook that has superior battery life and better overall performance than probably every other model currently on the market. It has a 10.2in glossy screen, a glossy exterior shell, and...
Its sleek chassis, excellent keyboard and bright, 10in screen, as well as features not seen on other netbooks (a Sleep-and-Charge USB 2.0 port and 3D hard drive protection), make Toshiba's NB200 (PLL25A-00D002) the nicest 10.1in netbook on the market...
The MSI X340 is one of the first Windows Vista-based ultra-thin notebooks we've seen to date, and it ships with an Intel Core 2 Solo SU3500 CPU. This has a clock speed of 1.4GHz, 3MB of Level 2 cache and a thermal rating of only 5.5 Watts. This therm...
The Asus Eee PC 1008HA Seashell is thin, sleek, and light, and launches in the UK on May 15 2009. Asus may be spitting out more revisions of its Asus Eee PC netbook line than we can count, but at least its designers are continuing to look at ways to ...
The MSI Wind U123 netbook ships with Windows XP and is the follow-up to the MSI Wind U120. It's available in three different versions: there is the plain MSI Wind U123, the 3G-equipped MSI Wind U123H, and the MSI Wind U123T, which has a built-in digi...
The Dell Adamo (Admire) is the latest notebook to strut its stuff down the couture computing runway. It joins the growing parade of chic notebook models that place style over everything else.
After a two-year hiatus, Samsung has officially jumped back into Australia’s notebook market. The N120 is one of two new Samsung netbooks. It features a 10.1in display, a 160GB hard disk drive and 1GB of RAM. It also has an excellent full-size keyboa...
Fujitsu’s LifeBook P8020 (3.5G) sits at the premium end of the lightweight notebook market and is aimed at anyone who works while travelling. It’s a 12.1in model that weighs 1.4kg, yet it packs a DVD burner, an Intel Core 2 DUO CPU, 2GB of RAM and a ...
Dell's Latitude 2100 is designed specifically for school students, but it's available for everyone. It's the first netbook we have seen to feature a touch screen as well as a ruggedised case. It's a little heavier than a typical netbook, but it doesn...
HP’s TouchSmart tx2-1000 Notebook PC is one of the rare laptops that use an AMD Turion X2 CPU. It is also the first touch-screen laptop we have seen to be priced under $2000 and aimed at the home user rather than the business user.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- HP's new Chromebook 13 has features to match top-line Windows PCs
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCService DeskWA
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT