Dell’s 15.6-inch Inspiron 15 7000 Series notebook is a computer for a home that doesn’t want (or require) a traditional desktop PC. It’s also rather slim considering its size, and at 2.13kg is not overly heavy to lug around when portability is needed...
Occasionally, reviewers are sent versions of notebooks that don’t really show off the best that the manufacturer has to offer. The Lenovo ThinkPad T550 is one such example, with the basic spec that was sent to us being merely a curtain raiser for wha...
HP’s EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 Special Edition notebook has a 12.5in screen and weighs 1.04kg. That size and weight combination is a point of emphasis for this laptop, in addition to a strong build quality. Construction materials include magnesium-lith...
Finding the right laptop should be about feel and comfort as much as it is about specs. For many of us, the specs don’t matter that much. What we value most in a Windows-based laptop is easy portability, good keys, connectivity features, and somethin...
Despite being a two-piece hybrid device that can be used as both notebook and tablet, HP’s Elite x2 feels more like a heavy notebook of old when you first pick it up and start using it. It’s of a small size (11.6 inches) and it has the sturdy build t...
Almost every component of Apple's MacBook has been redesigned and reengineered in order to produce one of the slimmest and lightest notebooks in its history.
Dell's Latitude E5250 won't look like anything special to most people. It has a square design, a dark, single-colour paint scheme, and its thickness is perhaps a little too much for people who are used to Ultrabook-style offerings. But it's a busines...
Microsoft told us that its goal for the Surface 3 tablet is to “get the Surface into more folks’ hands”. It reckons it can do this by offering a more affordable product that’s still similar in form and function to the Surface Pro 3. How has it achiev...
Premium presentation and build quality make the 13.3-inch HP Spectre x360 (13-4009TU) immediately eye-catching. Its all-silver styling, polished bits, and raised ‘Hewlett Packard’ lettering on the lid, all make it look like a product that’s costly. D...
The Venue 8 7000 is an Intel powered tablet that has four cameras and an unusual design. Has Dell gone bonkers or is the Venue 8 a reimagining of the popular slate?
For those of you who like the idea of having a tablet and notebook in one physical device, the Asus Transformer Book T300 Chi is a neat example of what you should be looking for. It’s a 2-in-1 device with a firm tablet-first design that runs Intel’s ...
If you happen to be in the market for an inexpensive gaming laptop, look out for Gigabyte’s G3 at MSY stores. It’s a 13.3in model with a configuration that includes an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M graphics adapter, and it should handle many modern titles ...
Dell’s Early 2015 version of the XPS 13 has undergone some changes compared to last year’s model, with the most notable change being a screen frame that’s only 5mm thick at the sides and across the top. It’s an efficient use of space that makes this ...
If Apple's new 12-in. Retina MacBook is any indication, the laptop is no longer considered an endangered species -- as long as it's slim and lightweight. However, while the new MacBook is extraordinarily portable and comes with an impressive display,...
HP’s high-performance consumer laptop is the one called Omen. Specifically, it’s a 15.6-inch laptop that’s made to entice the gaming crowd, though it doesn’t look like a big and bulky gaming laptop. Instead, a thin chassis with a wedge design gives t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA