HP's Spectre 13.3 delivers competitive performance and a respectable keyboard, in spite of its super-svelte body.
Notebooks - Reviews
These stylish bags work in all urban environments
HP's latest Windows 10 laptop, the EliteBook Folio G1, comes in touch and non-touch versions; it offers a bright display, great keyboard and a variety of options.
Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet boasts a superb kickstand, smartly designed pen attachments, a solid keyboard, and good-enough performance. It ranks highly among the convertible tablets we've tested.
The fans asked, and we have answered. We compare laptops on price, not form factor, to see if the fight is fairer. See what happens.
HP's latest version of its Elite x2 tablet offers a top-notch keyboard case, a digital pen and the ability to be repaired in-house.
Even with its design quirks, this big work notebook is impressive: It packs in a 4K touchscreen display, quad-core CPU, and discrete GPU for just US$1,500.
Which MacBook should you buy? We weigh up the pros and cons of the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro (Retina and non-Retina) and 12in Retina MacBook. Find the Mac laptop that's ideal for you, as we help you find the right MacBook for your needs
Dell’s Chromebook 13 proves an important point: You can make a classy Chromebook that's reasonably affordable. Dell gives its Chromebook 13 a slender yet sturdy chassis, good performance, and long battery life.
The USB Type C port is new, intriguing, and incredibly confusing, because vendors vary in how they implement the standard. It all comes down to the controller, so we take the fastest USB-C device out there to show you the sometimes vast differences.
It's not a desktop Mac replacement. The MacBook is ideal for on-the-go use.
The Raspberry Pi 3's subtle improvements add up to a major usability and performance upgrade.
Apple's latest iPad Pro, the new 9.7-in. model, not only gets many of the architecture advances from the larger version, but also a better camera and what may be Apple's most advanced display yet.
You don't need the most expensive laptop available to get in a solid day's work. We evaluate four Windows laptops that cost about $US600 or less.
At just 10.3mm thick, the Spectre is thinner than Apple’s MacBook. And, while the MacBook is about 200g lighter, HP hasn’t compromised on processor power by including Core i5 and Core i7 CPU options.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - CRMVIC