The Surface Book is Microsoft’s first notebook and already it is challenging what a notebook is, how it should work and what it should do. Some of these changes are welcomed. Others leave you wondering what Microsoft could have achieved had it perfe...
The Surface looks little like a notebook. It doesn’t sell with a keyboard and trackpad. What you get is a slate with a kickstand and the digital equivalent of a pen. This hardly sounds like a device that could replace a computer, but it unequivocally...
HP has used its "Envy" line across a variety of devices to denote a luxury design and feeling. This seems to be a predominant model amongst laptop makers of late. The idea is that consumers will pay a little more for a laptop that not only performs ...
MSI's GS70 is an interesting gaming machine, with a very slight nod towards portability thanks to its thin profile, at least as far as gaming laptops are concerned. There's plenty of grunt under the multicoloured Steel Series keyboard, although that...
In the notebook space, you definitely get what you pay for, and in the lower price scales, the performance and build compromises you put up with can vary quite a lot. It's in this space that Acer pitches the Aspire E5 range. Acer sells the Aspire E5 ...
Earlier we reviewed the Apple MacBook, and although it was undeniably easy to take with us on the go, it was tougher to work on everyday. The Air variant is a little bigger, but it retains a strong set of connections and a keyboard soft enough on fin...
Dell’s 15.6-inch Inspiron 15 7000 Series notebook is a computer for a home that doesn’t want (or require) a traditional desktop PC. It’s also rather slim considering its size, and at 2.13kg is not overly heavy to lug around when portability is needed...
Occasionally, reviewers are sent versions of notebooks that don’t really show off the best that the manufacturer has to offer. The Lenovo ThinkPad T550 is one such example, with the basic spec that was sent to us being merely a curtain raiser for wha...
HP’s EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 Special Edition notebook has a 12.5in screen and weighs 1.04kg. That size and weight combination is a point of emphasis for this laptop, in addition to a strong build quality. Construction materials include magnesium-lith...
Finding the right laptop should be about feel and comfort as much as it is about specs. For many of us, the specs don’t matter that much. What we value most in a Windows-based laptop is easy portability, good keys, connectivity features, and somethin...
Despite being a two-piece hybrid device that can be used as both notebook and tablet, HP’s Elite x2 feels more like a heavy notebook of old when you first pick it up and start using it. It’s of a small size (11.6 inches) and it has the sturdy build t...
Almost every component of Apple's MacBook has been redesigned and reengineered in order to produce one of the slimmest and lightest notebooks in its history.
Dell's Latitude E5250 won't look like anything special to most people. It has a square design, a dark, single-colour paint scheme, and its thickness is perhaps a little too much for people who are used to Ultrabook-style offerings. But it's a busines...
Microsoft told us that its goal for the Surface 3 tablet is to “get the Surface into more folks’ hands”. It reckons it can do this by offering a more affordable product that’s still similar in form and function to the Surface Pro 3. How has it achiev...
Premium presentation and build quality make the 13.3-inch HP Spectre x360 (13-4009TU) immediately eye-catching. Its all-silver styling, polished bits, and raised ‘Hewlett Packard’ lettering on the lid, all make it look like a product that’s costly. D...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW