The Acer Aspire Timeline 4810T is a great laptop if the portability of a netbook is appealing, but you are worried about the cramped keyboard, and you can't afford a powerful ultraportable laptop.
Notebooks - Reviews
Dell's Inspiron Mini 10 isn't just a netbook, it's a work of art. Well, its lid is anyway. Dell has employed an artist by the name of Tristan Eaton to supply three designs for the Inspiron Mini 10 range and we tested one of them.
Barely five months have passed since the HP Mini 1001TU passed through our Test Centre, and already a new HP Mini is upon us.
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10e netbook has been designed with the education market in mind. It's slightly different to the [[artnid:268561|IdeaPad S10|Review: Lenovo IdeaPad S10]], with a smaller screen, a bigger battery, and Splashtop.
It's got a burgundy-coloured lid and a black base, but don't let its looks fool you -- the Dell Vostro 1320 isn't a notebook for hipsters to parade at coffee shops (that's what Eee PCs are for). It's a 13.3in laptop that's designed for small busines...
The HP ProBook 4510s Notebook PC (VA033PA) is a 15.6in laptop designed for business users, but it looks nothing like a business notebook. It has plenty of gloss, clean lines and a 16:9 widescreen display. There is actually nothing that screams "busin...
The Dell Vostro 1520 is a 15.4in notebook that can be described as a workhorse. It's primarily aimed at business users, so it doesn't have a lot of fancy ports such as HDMI and eSATA, but it does have lots of network connectivity options.
For roughly double the price of a 10in netbook you can get yourself a slightly bigger (12.1in) laptop that runs faster, is much easier to use and has very good battery life. That laptop is the Dell Vostro 1220. It's an affordable ultraportable notebo...
Big, glossy and filled with features, HP's 17.3in Pavilion dv7 2022tx notebook is aimed at users who want a desktop replacement that can be used as home entertainment hub. It provides plenty of processing power, lots of storage and it's quite comfort...
On the surface, BenQ's Joybook Lite U101 doesn't appear to have any features that differentiate it from all the other netbooks on the market. However out of all the netbooks we've tested, this is the easiest one to upgrade. It has easily accessible R...
Netbooks might be all the rage these days, but there is nothing like the power and feel of a fully featured, slim-profile laptop such as Lenovo's ThinkPad T400s. Sure, it costs over $3000, but that's because it is immaculately built and has some of t...
Apple's 13in MacBook Pro is the smallest notebook in the company's "Pro" range, but it still packs quite a punch. This laptop is a fantastic compromise between size and power, though its upgrade options could be cheaper.
Apple's latest 15in MacBook Pro notebook doesn’t offer anything radically new, but minor internal component upgrades, an SD card slot and the unibody aluminium enclosure introduced in late 2008 ensure it remains an excellent notebook.
Make no mistake, netbooks when compared with full-featured notebooks or PCs, do not perform the same tasks with the same speed due to less CPU power and the small form factor. Netbooks are perfect for running basic tasks while you're at home or on th...
Dell's Vostro notebooks target small businesses and are available with 12in, 13.3in, 15.4in and 17in screens. The Dell Vostro 1720 is a 17in model; it's basically a desktop replacement notebook that can be used at home or in the office. You can take ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- FTDevelopment Manager - Web, Mobile and CMSNSW
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- CCSAP GRC ConsultantACT
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- TPICT Solutions EngineerSA
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC