It's got a burgundy-coloured lid and a black base, but don't let its looks fool you -- the Dell Vostro 1320 isn't a notebook for hipsters to parade at coffee shops (that's what Eee PCs are for). It's a 13.3in laptop that's designed for small busines...
The HP ProBook 4510s Notebook PC (VA033PA) is a 15.6in laptop designed for business users, but it looks nothing like a business notebook. It has plenty of gloss, clean lines and a 16:9 widescreen display. There is actually nothing that screams "busin...
The Dell Vostro 1520 is a 15.4in notebook that can be described as a workhorse. It's primarily aimed at business users, so it doesn't have a lot of fancy ports such as HDMI and eSATA, but it does have lots of network connectivity options.
For roughly double the price of a 10in netbook you can get yourself a slightly bigger (12.1in) laptop that runs faster, is much easier to use and has very good battery life. That laptop is the Dell Vostro 1220. It's an affordable ultraportable notebo...
Big, glossy and filled with features, HP's 17.3in Pavilion dv7 2022tx notebook is aimed at users who want a desktop replacement that can be used as home entertainment hub. It provides plenty of processing power, lots of storage and it's quite comfort...
On the surface, BenQ's Joybook Lite U101 doesn't appear to have any features that differentiate it from all the other netbooks on the market. However out of all the netbooks we've tested, this is the easiest one to upgrade. It has easily accessible R...
Netbooks might be all the rage these days, but there is nothing like the power and feel of a fully featured, slim-profile laptop such as Lenovo's ThinkPad T400s. Sure, it costs over $3000, but that's because it is immaculately built and has some of t...
Apple's 13in MacBook Pro is the smallest notebook in the company's "Pro" range, but it still packs quite a punch. This laptop is a fantastic compromise between size and power, though its upgrade options could be cheaper.
Apple's latest 15in MacBook Pro notebook doesn’t offer anything radically new, but minor internal component upgrades, an SD card slot and the unibody aluminium enclosure introduced in late 2008 ensure it remains an excellent notebook.
Make no mistake, netbooks when compared with full-featured notebooks or PCs, do not perform the same tasks with the same speed due to less CPU power and the small form factor. Netbooks are perfect for running basic tasks while you're at home or on th...
Dell's Vostro notebooks target small businesses and are available with 12in, 13.3in, 15.4in and 17in screens. The Dell Vostro 1720 is a 17in model; it's basically a desktop replacement notebook that can be used at home or in the office. You can take ...
With the Eee PC Seashell 1005HA (SBLK01), ASUS has introduced a netbook that has superior battery life and better overall performance than probably every other model currently on the market. It has a 10.2in glossy screen, a glossy exterior shell, and...
Its sleek chassis, excellent keyboard and bright, 10in screen, as well as features not seen on other netbooks (a Sleep-and-Charge USB 2.0 port and 3D hard drive protection), make Toshiba's NB200 (PLL25A-00D002) the nicest 10.1in netbook on the market...
The MSI X340 is one of the first Windows Vista-based ultra-thin notebooks we've seen to date, and it ships with an Intel Core 2 Solo SU3500 CPU. This has a clock speed of 1.4GHz, 3MB of Level 2 cache and a thermal rating of only 5.5 Watts. This therm...
The Asus Eee PC 1008HA Seashell is thin, sleek, and light, and launches in the UK on May 15 2009. Asus may be spitting out more revisions of its Asus Eee PC netbook line than we can count, but at least its designers are continuing to look at ways to ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why my older Chromebook has a right to live, even if Google says it's over
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- A Surface all-in-one PC may lead a Microsoft hardware refresh in October
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 for laptops break the mobile mold
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA