HP’s TouchSmart tx2-1000 Notebook PC is one of the rare laptops that use an AMD Turion X2 CPU. It is also the first touch-screen laptop we have seen to be priced under $2000 and aimed at the home user rather than the business user.
The MSI PX600 is an attractive leather-bound notebook that has a fast processor, plenty of RAM and a good price. However, this 15.4in laptop comes with a keyboard that is too spongy and it weighs a hefty 2.75kg (not including the power supply).
With the 1004DN, the ASUS Eee PC range has moved away from being just a simple netbook. The inclusion of a DVD burner, a fingerprint reader and an ExpressCard/34 slot all make the ASUS Eee PC 1004DN more of a traditional notebook than a netbook becau...
You'd be hard pressed trying to find a lighter notebook than Toshiba's Portege R600 (PPR61A-00400R), which weighs only 950 grams and is aimed at business users who regularly need to travel. It's a 12.1in laptop and it's very thin, but it doesn't have...
The Toshiba Satellite L300 (PSLB8A-0FM004) is a budget laptop with plenty of ports, a good battery life and a 15.4in screen. Unfortunately its processor speeds are very slow, even for a notebook under $1000.
HP's EliteBook 2530p is a 12in laptop that weighs 1.7kg, yet packs in a lot of features. It's aimed squarely at business users and has a tough exterior that protects it from knocks and scratches while on long business trips. However, it's not perfect...
Residual effects of the 2008 netbook craze are now popping up, with users complaining of cramped keyboards, missing DVD drives and limited functionality. Those are just some of trade-offs for a laptop that is dirt cheap and small in size. Some small ...
There's nothing subtle about the Lenovo ThinkPad W700ds, which is a huge mobile workstation that will have trouble fitting into even the roomiest of laptop bags. It's a notebook that's designed for users of graphics and design programs, who will bene...
The Toshiba Portege M800 (PPM81A-08S01S) is a fast and portable 13.3in laptop. It also has a bright pink chassis. While we aren't fans of the notebook's colour, people looking for a design that stands out may enjoy it.
Fujitsu's LifeBook T2020 is the company's latest tablet notebook. It features a screen that can be swivelled both ways and has built-in 3.5G capabilities. Although it performs well, provides a comfortable keyboard and has excellent battery life, the ...
There's no doubt the Windows XP-based MSI Wind U120 netbook looks good. Its white lid and palm-rest contrast beautifully with the glossy black bezel of the screen and the matte black base; but the Wind U120 offers more than just good looks. You get p...
ASUS' Eee PC 1000HE netbook is almost identical to its predecessor, the ASUS Eee PC 1000H. It boasts the same 10in LED-backlit screen, 160GB hard disk drive and 1GB of RAM, but it offers a new keyboard design and boasts a longer battery life.
With the VAIO VGN-Z17GN/B notebook, Sony is targeting corporate buyers with an eye for style and a need for speed. It’s a 13.1in laptop that weighs only 1.4kg, yet has plenty of features.
Sony's VAIO VGN-TT17GNX ultraportable notebook doesn't offer much power for its exorbitant price tag, but it does deliver good portability, great battery life and the ability to play and burn Blu-ray discs.
With a bright 10.1in screen, big keys and an ExpressCard/54 slot, the HP Mini 2140 is easy to use and has more functions and capabilities than most netbooks on the market. It's marketed as a netbook for business users, but it doesn't have an unreason...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle RDBMS/UNIX) 160810/AP/713Asia
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT