With the Eee PC Seashell 1005HA (SBLK01), ASUS has introduced a netbook that has superior battery life and better overall performance than probably every other model currently on the market. It has a 10.2in glossy screen, a glossy exterior shell, and...
Notebooks - Reviews
Its sleek chassis, excellent keyboard and bright, 10in screen, as well as features not seen on other netbooks (a Sleep-and-Charge USB 2.0 port and 3D hard drive protection), make Toshiba's NB200 (PLL25A-00D002) the nicest 10.1in netbook on the market...
The MSI X340 is one of the first Windows Vista-based ultra-thin notebooks we've seen to date, and it ships with an Intel Core 2 Solo SU3500 CPU. This has a clock speed of 1.4GHz, 3MB of Level 2 cache and a thermal rating of only 5.5 Watts. This therm...
The Asus Eee PC 1008HA Seashell is thin, sleek, and light, and launches in the UK on May 15 2009. Asus may be spitting out more revisions of its Asus Eee PC netbook line than we can count, but at least its designers are continuing to look at ways to ...
The MSI Wind U123 netbook ships with Windows XP and is the follow-up to the MSI Wind U120. It's available in three different versions: there is the plain MSI Wind U123, the 3G-equipped MSI Wind U123H, and the MSI Wind U123T, which has a built-in digi...
The Dell Adamo (Admire) is the latest notebook to strut its stuff down the couture computing runway. It joins the growing parade of chic notebook models that place style over everything else.
After a two-year hiatus, Samsung has officially jumped back into Australia’s notebook market. The N120 is one of two new Samsung netbooks. It features a 10.1in display, a 160GB hard disk drive and 1GB of RAM. It also has an excellent full-size keyboa...
Fujitsu’s LifeBook P8020 (3.5G) sits at the premium end of the lightweight notebook market and is aimed at anyone who works while travelling. It’s a 12.1in model that weighs 1.4kg, yet it packs a DVD burner, an Intel Core 2 DUO CPU, 2GB of RAM and a ...
Dell's Latitude 2100 is designed specifically for school students, but it's available for everyone. It's the first netbook we have seen to feature a touch screen as well as a ruggedised case. It's a little heavier than a typical netbook, but it doesn...
HP’s TouchSmart tx2-1000 Notebook PC is one of the rare laptops that use an AMD Turion X2 CPU. It is also the first touch-screen laptop we have seen to be priced under $2000 and aimed at the home user rather than the business user.
The MSI PX600 is an attractive leather-bound notebook that has a fast processor, plenty of RAM and a good price. However, this 15.4in laptop comes with a keyboard that is too spongy and it weighs a hefty 2.75kg (not including the power supply).
With the 1004DN, the ASUS Eee PC range has moved away from being just a simple netbook. The inclusion of a DVD burner, a fingerprint reader and an ExpressCard/34 slot all make the ASUS Eee PC 1004DN more of a traditional notebook than a netbook becau...
You'd be hard pressed trying to find a lighter notebook than Toshiba's Portege R600 (PPR61A-00400R), which weighs only 950 grams and is aimed at business users who regularly need to travel. It's a 12.1in laptop and it's very thin, but it doesn't have...
The Toshiba Satellite L300 (PSLB8A-0FM004) is a budget laptop with plenty of ports, a good battery life and a 15.4in screen. Unfortunately its processor speeds are very slow, even for a notebook under $1000.
HP's EliteBook 2530p is a 12in laptop that weighs 1.7kg, yet packs in a lot of features. It's aimed squarely at business users and has a tough exterior that protects it from knocks and scratches while on long business trips. However, it's not perfect...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTAccount Security ManagerACT
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperNSW
- CCUX LeadNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperWA
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- CCContract Programmer (.Net/SQL) 161027/P/vhaAsia
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- CCTest Analyst : AutomationNSW