We've reviewed a lot of great laptops over the last year, many of them Lenovo. In this round-up we've included some of the best that the company has to offer, from the tiny IdeaPad S10 netbook, to the dual-screen behemoth that is the ThinkPad W700Ds....
Notebooks - Roundups
Read our reviews of the latest Lenovo laptops, from the humble IdeaPad S10 netbook to the Intel Sandy Bridge-equipped ThinkPad T420.
Lenovo has the distinction of being the only vendor to receive a rating of five stars from the PC World Australia Test Centre for one of its laptops, the ThinkPad T400s. In this round-up you can read reviews of other top Lenovo laptops we've reviewed...
While only a few vendors have sent us laptops based on Intel's 2nd Generation Intel Core CPUs (codenamed Sandy Bridge), one thing is clear: They are the pace-setters when it comes to performance. We've seen solid entries from Apple, Dell, Lenovo, MSI...
We're barely through the first quarter of the year, but already we've had a lot of great notebooks come through our test centre. The best ones have been equipped with Intel's 2nd Generation Core CPUs (formerly codenamed Sandy Bridge), as they offer m...
It has been a relatively slow start to the year for notebook makers. Despite all the hoopla surrounding the launch of Intel's 2nd Generation Core CPUs (formerly codenamed Sandy Bridge), less than a handful of notebooks using the new technology have f...
If you're in the market for a notebook that can be used to replace your bulky old desktop PC and monitor setup, look no further. In this roundup we have assembled some of the best desktop replacement models on the Australian market which we think off...
There's no doubt Dell laptops are among the most popular brand for Australian users (be sure to take our brand survey which, is on our main notebooks section page). When shopping for a Dell laptop, it's important to know which range you should consid...
Our Top 5 laptops list is dominated by small and light models from Dell, HP, Sony and Toshiba, which range in size from 10.1in to 13.3in. However, we have also included the comparatively huge Medion Akoya E7216 (MD98550), which goes on sale at Aldi s...
If you're looking for a notebook that's easy to take on the road with you, yet doesn't compromise much when it comes to user comfort and features, then consider getting yourself a 13.3in laptop, rather than a 10in netbook.
Fujitsu is one of the few remaining companies in the world that designs and manufactures its own notebooks from the ground up.
The tablet space may be currently exploding thanks to the popularity of Apple's iPad, Dell's Streak, the Telstra T-Touch Tab Android Tablet and Samsung's Galaxy Tab, but tablet-convertible notebooks have been around for many years and are a good tool...
Due to their size, plentiful features and low price, 15in laptops still represent the sweet spot in the market. Pricing for a well-featured 15in notebook starts at around $800 and it can go up to around $2000 depending on its specifications.
These days it's hard to distinguish between a business notebook and a laptop designed for the average consumer. Both types of notebooks have similar performance and features, but the difference is that business notebooks generally have more managemen...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- FTFrontend Developer/DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC