Two laptops: One's a Mac, one's a PC. Which is better? PC World takes both notebooks and stages a computer kumite to make a few quick calls.
Notebooks - Slideshows
ASUS is responsible for introducing the netbook to the PC market as an affordable and simple laptop solution for students. Since the release of the original Eee PC, almost every major PC vendor has released competing models -- many taking alternate design paths.
The evolution of mini-laptops
Keyboards without keys, a vertical keyboard with mirrors on the side so you can see your fingers, and keyboards on which you type on the back: Get ready for some wacky input devices.
Dell's Adamo notebook is sure to catch the eye of style gurus.
We're already a quarter of the way into 2009 and the gadgets are coming thick and fast despite the recession that is gripping many countries.
The 10.2in Kogan Agora Netbook Pro will be available for $539, and runs the gOS Linux distribution.
Apple today announced an upgrade to its flagship notebook, the 17in MacBook Pro. The notebook boasts the same unibody enclosure found in the new MacBook line-up and the 15in MacBook Pro, as well as overhauled hardware specifications.
ASUS unleashes new laptops amid Calvin Klein's latest runway creations.
Alienware has launched its M17 notebook, and it’s a strange-looking creature…
Apple announced several refreshes of computers in its Macbook line-up yesterday with updated Macbook and Macbook Pros. The new editions of the 13in Macbook and the 15in Macbook Pro feature an entirely redesigned chassis complete with a new manufacturing process, as well as revamped specifications. The new line-up ranges from $1649 for the Macbook to $3999 for the 15in Macbook Pro with a 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
Will this finally kill the Eee PC?
Dell today unveiled its entry in the budget ultraportable notebook market, the Inspiron Mini 9.
If you love Firefox, you'll love these extensions!
Forget the tie, here's what Dad really wants!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW