Reader Matt Gohring has a laptop and a desktop, and he needs to keep his documents synchronized between them.
Miraplacid Publisher is a PDF printer driver with a twist.
Ever wish you could mute your PC's speakers an in instant, like when the phone rings and you need to silence your iTunes tunes? Granted, some keyboards have a Mute button for exactly that purpose, but not all of them do.
Microsoft's highly capable email client Outlook is glitchy and has too many features for its own good.
Windows doesn't have a very good memory. I mean, when I reboot my system, it doesn't even remember the folders I had open!
If you're anything like me, seek help. Oh, I mean, if you're anything like me, you probably had trouble adjusting to Office 2007's Ribbon interface.
I'm kind of a spelling snob. I take pains to make sure I spell everything correctly, so it bugs me a little bit when I receive mail that contains spelling mistakes.
By default, Windows "hides" various files and folders that are essential to system operation and data integrity. Why the Big Brother tactic? To protect you from yourself: moving or deleting any of these items could have unwelcome consequences.
Much as I love the idea behind Vista's window-preview thumbnails, which pop up when you mouse over any running program in the taskbar, I find them almost useless.
As most Windows watchers know by now, Windows 7 brings a handful of interface tweaks to the table, starting with large, eye-pleasing program icons that take up residence in the taskbar. Of course, this is little more than an update to the Quick Launc...
Interested in installing Windows 7 but want to avoid headaches and potential pitfalls? Then read our guide on how to set up a dual-boot Vista/Windows 7 machine and migrate to a new PC.
When you right-click a file, a pop-up menu offers a few initial, obvious options to open the item, access properties, delete it, and more. But the Send To choice can actually save you time, even if in small increments.
Friday morning I installed Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Beta onto an HP notebook I am using for my testing. We'll post some more hands-on coverage of SP2, but for now here are some of my first impressions while installing Service Pack 2 Beta.
Like chocolate and episodes of Mad Men, there's no such thing as too much battery life.
One thing you should know about me: I'm no fan of Windows Vista. Some things about it just annoy me to death, like the unnecessary overhaul of certain interface elements. That said, Vista has a few features I positively love, starting with connection...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
- Hands on with NexDock, the laptop that isn't
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW