Reader Matt Gohring has a laptop and a desktop, and he needs to keep his documents synchronized between them.
Miraplacid Publisher is a PDF printer driver with a twist.
Ever wish you could mute your PC's speakers an in instant, like when the phone rings and you need to silence your iTunes tunes? Granted, some keyboards have a Mute button for exactly that purpose, but not all of them do.
Microsoft's highly capable email client Outlook is glitchy and has too many features for its own good.
Windows doesn't have a very good memory. I mean, when I reboot my system, it doesn't even remember the folders I had open!
If you're anything like me, seek help. Oh, I mean, if you're anything like me, you probably had trouble adjusting to Office 2007's Ribbon interface.
I'm kind of a spelling snob. I take pains to make sure I spell everything correctly, so it bugs me a little bit when I receive mail that contains spelling mistakes.
By default, Windows "hides" various files and folders that are essential to system operation and data integrity. Why the Big Brother tactic? To protect you from yourself: moving or deleting any of these items could have unwelcome consequences.
Much as I love the idea behind Vista's window-preview thumbnails, which pop up when you mouse over any running program in the taskbar, I find them almost useless.
As most Windows watchers know by now, Windows 7 brings a handful of interface tweaks to the table, starting with large, eye-pleasing program icons that take up residence in the taskbar. Of course, this is little more than an update to the Quick Launc...
Interested in installing Windows 7 but want to avoid headaches and potential pitfalls? Then read our guide on how to set up a dual-boot Vista/Windows 7 machine and migrate to a new PC.
When you right-click a file, a pop-up menu offers a few initial, obvious options to open the item, access properties, delete it, and more. But the Send To choice can actually save you time, even if in small increments.
Friday morning I installed Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Beta onto an HP notebook I am using for my testing. We'll post some more hands-on coverage of SP2, but for now here are some of my first impressions while installing Service Pack 2 Beta.
Like chocolate and episodes of Mad Men, there's no such thing as too much battery life.
One thing you should know about me: I'm no fan of Windows Vista. Some things about it just annoy me to death, like the unnecessary overhaul of certain interface elements. That said, Vista has a few features I positively love, starting with connection...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW