Use Windows 'Workstation' 2008
Customer Viewpoint Zone: Windows Server System
A Beijing college student has sued Microsoft Corp., claiming that its antipiracy program violated his privacy, a Chinese government-controlled news site reported last week.
Open source developers, as you might expect, typically use free compilers, editors, and other tools to build their software. But three years ago Linux creator Linus Torvalds began using a proprietary, closed-source software version control system called BitKeeper to maintain the source code for the Linux kernel. It was a controversial decision, to be sure, and one that appears to have finally -- and perhaps predictably -- come back to bite him.
Internet browser company Opera Software has added features for tighter security and the ability to surf the Web with voice commands in the latest version of its browser, Opera 8 for Windows and Linux, launched Tuesday.
Astaro on Tuesday released an improved version of its Linux-based security package that now includes gateway-based spyware protection against malware and the ability to block and removed infected software already on a system.
If your laptop crashes, what's the best to recover the data on it? Well, one IBM engineer uses his iPod.
The Mozilla Foundation has established Mozilla China, an affiliate and non-profit organization that will help develop and promote open-source Mozilla software in China.
Linux gadget lovers may find a new mobile phone/handheld computer from Remote Office Access Devices (ROAD) intriguing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chinese student sues Microsoft over WGA
- Security in new Opera browser fights phishing
- Astaro rolls out new spyware
- iPod defeats Blue Screen of Death
- Mozilla moves into China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Architect - PeopleSoft HCM Global Payroll 9.1 -9.2 .VIC
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- TPSalesforce DeveloperQLD
- CCIntegrated logistics support Manager (ILS)ACT
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Programmer (.Net/SQL) 161027/P/vhaAsia
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW