FlashBack Adapter uses ExpressCard slot
Intelligent Storage Management
Driven by the demand for infrastructure savings and the growth of Web 2.0 applications, EMC is set to expand its Software as a Service (SaaS) offering to Australian shores.
EMC is making its first play in the emerging online storage market, with the creation of a new software-as-a-service business unit and a new enterprise storage service based on EMC's September acquisition of online backup provider Mozy, the company stated Tuesday.
Aligning the cost of managing data with its business value is at the crux of initiatives like information life-cycle management (ILM) and tiered storage.
Predicting the future is perilous business indeed. However, as an industry analyst one of the sad facts of life that I have had to face is the reality that it is awfully hard to find clients willing to pay me to predict the past. This is an unfortunate situation, but it is, alas, the way of things.
Now that it's the start of January, I probably should be looking at the storage excitement that 2006 has already brought us, such as what's happening at Storage Decision and CES in Las Vegas. But 2005 went out with a bang that's impossible to ignore.
One in four businesses is struggling with a lack of integrated or interoperable storage solutions, according to a survey issued by the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA).
Netizens, like digital drug addicts, keep buying ever-larger fixes of storage for all the high- definition content on the planet. But back at the knowledge ranch, weird science is going to help us kick the storage habit and the hardware economics that keep us addicted.
Are you satisfied with the way you manage storage at your company? If you are, good for you, but according to a survey just released by the SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association), your company is a lucky minority.
Storage resource management offers a single window into the storage network.
In a world where compliance encourages companies to save everything, emerging standards promise flexibility and control for heterogeneous storage environments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk to offer flash-based laptop backup
- Storage on demand set to Mozy its way into Australian enterprise
- EMC unveils first SaaS storage application
- Survey: Businesses struggle with interoperability
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSolution ArchitectACT