FlashBack Adapter uses ExpressCard slot
Intelligent Storage Management
Driven by the demand for infrastructure savings and the growth of Web 2.0 applications, EMC is set to expand its Software as a Service (SaaS) offering to Australian shores.
EMC is making its first play in the emerging online storage market, with the creation of a new software-as-a-service business unit and a new enterprise storage service based on EMC's September acquisition of online backup provider Mozy, the company stated Tuesday.
Aligning the cost of managing data with its business value is at the crux of initiatives like information life-cycle management (ILM) and tiered storage.
Predicting the future is perilous business indeed. However, as an industry analyst one of the sad facts of life that I have had to face is the reality that it is awfully hard to find clients willing to pay me to predict the past. This is an unfortunate situation, but it is, alas, the way of things.
Now that it's the start of January, I probably should be looking at the storage excitement that 2006 has already brought us, such as what's happening at Storage Decision and CES in Las Vegas. But 2005 went out with a bang that's impossible to ignore.
One in four businesses is struggling with a lack of integrated or interoperable storage solutions, according to a survey issued by the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA).
Netizens, like digital drug addicts, keep buying ever-larger fixes of storage for all the high- definition content on the planet. But back at the knowledge ranch, weird science is going to help us kick the storage habit and the hardware economics that keep us addicted.
Are you satisfied with the way you manage storage at your company? If you are, good for you, but according to a survey just released by the SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association), your company is a lucky minority.
Storage resource management offers a single window into the storage network.
In a world where compliance encourages companies to save everything, emerging standards promise flexibility and control for heterogeneous storage environments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk to offer flash-based laptop backup
- Storage on demand set to Mozy its way into Australian enterprise
- EMC unveils first SaaS storage application
- Survey: Businesses struggle with interoperability
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW