Security researchers have released code showing how a pair of widely used technologies could be misused to take control of a victim's Web browsing experience.
A massive hack of legitimate Web sites has been spreading malware to visitors' PCs, using a new tactic that has made detection "extraordinarily difficult," security experts said Monday.
A new Trojan program is targeting unwitting users' bank data by intercepting account information before it is encrypted and sending it to a central attacker database.
Nearly half of businesses are in some phase of preparing to update desktops to Windows Vista, with small businesses moving the fastest to implement the OS, according to a new report released Monday.
A sophisticated hacking scheme seen early last year is affecting an increasing number of Web servers, including one owned by a major online advertising company, the chief technology officer of Finjan Software said Monday.
In a quick turnabout, Microsoft made the newest tweak to Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) available to the public on Friday.
Internet Service Providers (ISPs), IT managers and the Electronic Frontiers Australia (EFA) have slammed the federal government's national content filtering scheme and dubbed it a technically impossible token gesture.
The 'Secret Crush' malicious widget that tricks Facebook users into downloading spyware is not something dreamt up by Zango, the adware company's CEO says.
Barclays bank in the UK has found itself at the centre of another security scam, this time around someone posed as the bank's chairman and scammed £10,000 out of his personal account.
WorkLight Wednesday unveiled a tool that's designed to allow companies to provide employees with access to Facebook but ensure that the online social network is run behind corporate firewalls to restrict access to confidential content.
Veracode launched a new version of its binary code analysis service on Monday that focuses specifically on helping software engineers find potential backdoor vulnerabilities in their programs.
Apple on Monday matched the patch count of last month's massive update, fixing 41 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X and updating the beta of its Windows browser to fix another.
Microsoft confirmed Monday that it is investigating reports that a security update for Internet Explorer issued last week has crippled some users' ability to get on the Web with the browser.
Sun Microsystems on Monday plans to announce that it will provide support for the OpenOffice.org productivity software suite, citing a wave of momentum behind the open-source project.
Internet users are being warned about a new malware trend involving the use of natural language dialogue systems that are already deployed within gaming technologies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- With Larrabee chip, Intel takes swing at AMD, Nvidia
- 'World's cheapest laptop' now available
- Intel slashes chip prices up to 31 per cent
- AMD takes on Intel with its own low-power chip
- Intel to shrink Centrino 2 chips for thinner laptops
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC