Security researchers have released code showing how a pair of widely used technologies could be misused to take control of a victim's Web browsing experience.
Partner Zones - News
A massive hack of legitimate Web sites has been spreading malware to visitors' PCs, using a new tactic that has made detection "extraordinarily difficult," security experts said Monday.
A new Trojan program is targeting unwitting users' bank data by intercepting account information before it is encrypted and sending it to a central attacker database.
Nearly half of businesses are in some phase of preparing to update desktops to Windows Vista, with small businesses moving the fastest to implement the OS, according to a new report released Monday.
A sophisticated hacking scheme seen early last year is affecting an increasing number of Web servers, including one owned by a major online advertising company, the chief technology officer of Finjan Software said Monday.
In a quick turnabout, Microsoft made the newest tweak to Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) available to the public on Friday.
Internet Service Providers (ISPs), IT managers and the Electronic Frontiers Australia (EFA) have slammed the federal government's national content filtering scheme and dubbed it a technically impossible token gesture.
The 'Secret Crush' malicious widget that tricks Facebook users into downloading spyware is not something dreamt up by Zango, the adware company's CEO says.
Barclays bank in the UK has found itself at the centre of another security scam, this time around someone posed as the bank's chairman and scammed £10,000 out of his personal account.
WorkLight Wednesday unveiled a tool that's designed to allow companies to provide employees with access to Facebook but ensure that the online social network is run behind corporate firewalls to restrict access to confidential content.
Veracode launched a new version of its binary code analysis service on Monday that focuses specifically on helping software engineers find potential backdoor vulnerabilities in their programs.
Apple on Monday matched the patch count of last month's massive update, fixing 41 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X and updating the beta of its Windows browser to fix another.
Microsoft confirmed Monday that it is investigating reports that a security update for Internet Explorer issued last week has crippled some users' ability to get on the Web with the browser.
Sun Microsystems on Monday plans to announce that it will provide support for the OpenOffice.org productivity software suite, citing a wave of momentum behind the open-source project.
Internet users are being warned about a new malware trend involving the use of natural language dialogue systems that are already deployed within gaming technologies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- With Larrabee chip, Intel takes swing at AMD, Nvidia
- 'World's cheapest laptop' now available
- Intel slashes chip prices up to 31 per cent
- AMD takes on Intel with its own low-power chip
- Intel to shrink Centrino 2 chips for thinner laptops
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Capital TradingNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCMid level Business AnalystQLD
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- TPJava Developer -- ContractWA
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW