Security giant Trend Micro is considering pulling its anti-virus software from the Virus Bulletin 100 (VB100) tests, claiming they no longer reflect contemporary malware.
Partner Zones - News
Apple Wednesday patched 40 security vulnerabilities in more than 25 different components and applications bundled with Mac OS X, including Flash Player, iCal and Apache.
Computex 2008 could be the most exciting IT hardware show in years, complete with the launch of several ultra-low cost laptops armed with Intel's new Atom microprocessor, a new iMac lookalike from Asustek and reportedly a new processor from Nvidia co...
Microsoft Tuesday broke silence about the next edition of its flagship operating system, but essentially all it said is it would not talk publicly about Windows 7.
Microsoft Friday said it will update its popular Desktop Optimization Pack with additional virtualization software now that its acquisition of Kidaro has been finalized.
Microsoft blames computer makers for some of the problems users have encountered after updating to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3), according to a company support document.
Microsoft's Windows Vista is 37 per cent more secure than its Windows XP ancestor, a security vendor claimed Friday, a rate it hinted was disappointing.
Installing Windows XP Service Pack 3 sends some PCs into an endless series of reboots, according to posts to a Microsoft support forum.
Intel Wednesday announced that it has joined with two other chipmakers in an effort to ease a move from 300-mm wafers to 450-mm wafers, which will enable each to increase production and maybe even lessen their impact on the environment.
Sun and the OpenSolaris community are this week launching the official first version of the open-source OpenSolaris operating system, which has only been available in pre-release versions for developers until now.
Early demand for an Intel chip that's being designed for small laptops and desktops is so much higher than anticipated, the company has been forced to ramp up pre-release production.
Australia's 20 biggest cities could be covered by a $500 million commercial-grade mobile WiMAX network within two years.
Linux is expanding its influence outside of the world of smartphones, and is poised to take a significant share of the mid-range mobile phone market as well, according to a new study from ABI Research.
The PCI Security Standards Council, which establishes requirements for the payment-card industry, Tuesday formally launched its payment-application security program.
IBM demonstrated technology Monday that improves performance and reduces power consumption on chips used in devices from mobile phones to high-performance servers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- With Larrabee chip, Intel takes swing at AMD, Nvidia
- 'World's cheapest laptop' now available
- Intel slashes chip prices up to 31 per cent
- AMD takes on Intel with its own low-power chip
- Intel to shrink Centrino 2 chips for thinner laptops
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW