Last week Microsoft rolled out Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) to Windows Update, giving the majority of users their first look at the big update. Some didn't like what they saw.
Western Digital Wednesday launched a new 3.5-inch Caviar hard disk drive than can store 640GB of data on two platters, twice the capacity of the previous high-end offering.
After considerable rumour and speculation, numerous false starts, and not a small amount of frustration on the part of consumers, Microsoft has released Windows Vista Service Pack 1 into the wild.
More than one-third of the ultramobile PCs coming later this year on Intel's Atom Centrino platform will offer a combination of WiMax and Wi-Fi, the head of the company's Ultra Mobility Group said Tuesday.
Windows Vista was supposed to be a shot in the arm for Microsoft, which had gone five years without a new desktop operating system. It hasn't worked out that way. Instead, Vista sales have been slower than XP's (when adjusted for market size) and the...
As expected, Microsoft released Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) to Windows Update Tuesday, making it available to most, though not all, users.
Microsoft will release Windows Vista Service Pack 1 next week to a wider audience, according to information posted on and reports from a Web site that correctly called SP1's ship date last month.
Australia has finally joined Google Transit more than two years after its US launch.
Intel said Monday that its upcoming chip microarchitecture, Nehalem, will first be targeted at servers and high-end desktops but later will be scaled down for laptops.
While Microsoft and Adobe Systems made nice over Flash</a> Monday, there's little pressure for Apple to follow suit and rush to put the technology on its iPhone, according to one analyst. And Adobe seems in no hurry to help.
Intel Monday announced that it expects to ship a six-core processor to OEMs in the second half of this year.
IBM Monday announced that its scientists have built a switch that can control the flow of information on a chip using pulses of light instead of electrons.
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday denied a request by Microsoft to halt an antitrust suit that Novell filed against the company for anticompetitive behavior it said harmed its WordPerfect and QuattroPro business in the 1990s.
While lauding Apple's iPhone as being innovative in the mobile space, a Google official later cited disadvantages of the device, which is expected to compete with upcoming Google-backed Android phones.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates today outlined a future of computing akin to a Whole Earth Catalog for technology. The computing systems of the future will be more natural, responsive and capable of easily recognizing objects and people. They will also...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- With Larrabee chip, Intel takes swing at AMD, Nvidia
- 'World's cheapest laptop' now available
- Intel slashes chip prices up to 31 per cent
- AMD takes on Intel with its own low-power chip
- Intel to shrink Centrino 2 chips for thinner laptops
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA