Virtual reality demands potent firepower. We benchmarked nearly a dozen high-end GPUs to find the best graphics cards for VR gaming.
The Internet's been abuzz over the promise of Windows 10's underlying DirectX 12 gaming technology for months now. Drastically higher frame rates! Drastically lower power consumption! Drastically improved performance from AMD hardware! A--gasp--whole...
In our review of AMD's Radeon R9 Fury, we discovered that the Fury X's air-cooled sibling packs a performance punch that justifies its competitive price tag. In fact, it punishes Nvidia's GTX 980 and proved to be the true champion of AMD's new Fiji l...
When you're strapping on the latest smart watch or ogling an iPhone, you probably aren't thinking of Moore's Law, which for 50 years has been used as a blueprint to make computers smaller, cheaper and faster.
Nvidia's Titan X is the first graphics card to be able to play many games on high detail settings at 4K resolution all by it's lonesome.
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear t...
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
As we continued our journey through the main hall at Computex, we took a good look at Acer's R7 tablet-convertible laptop, along with some interesting motherboards from ASRock, and stacks of products from ASUS.
The end of the year is usually as good a time as any to build a new budget PC. Many stores put on specials before they shut for the holiday period, and some also provide free delivery depending on how much you spend.
Today (in the US, at least) is the eighteenth birthday of Intel's Pentium microprocessor architecture. It has enjoyed a childhood filled with attention, a few difficult pre-teen years and a quiet but studious adolescence. Now that the Pentium has com...
Over the next few weeks, Intel and AMD are set to unleash two new families of CPUs: Sandy Bridge (Intel's 2nd Generation Core processors) and AMD Fusion, respectively. These new processing chips offer a range of exciting improvements over existing CP...
Chip design firm ARM grabbed the spotlight at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week when Microsoft announced that its new Windows OS would work on the ARM architecture. ARM processors go into most of the world's smartphones and tablets...
One of the funnest parts of the Consumer Electronics Show are the cool, the crazy, and just-around-the-corner products.
The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) isn't just all tablet, cameras, and laptops; there's plenty of news for the PC component geek, too, ranging from tiny flash drives that pack a lot of heat to the hand-held gaming console.
From CES in January to next holiday season, 2011 promises some phenomenal new gear.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Seagate's 10TB Barracuda Pro is the world's largest consumer hard drive
- Aussie moth ball link to Quantum Computing revolution
- 3DMark Time Spy tested: We pit Radeon vs. GeForce in this major new DX12 benchmark
- Nvidia's powerful Ansel screenshot tool and amusing VR Funhouse demo go live
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT