A barebones PC could turn into a multimedia or virtual reality powerhouse with new FirePro server graphics processors introduced by AMD.
Top trends from the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 in Las Vegas, according to analyst Ovum.
Business users alarmed by Microsoft's recent announcement that new chips will not run on Windows 7 PCs need not fret. More than 100 business PCs coming with Intel's new "Skylake" Core vPro processors will run Windows 7, though the chips are tuned for...
Consumer watchdog claims company made false representations in Father’s Day promotion
Intel introduced the mini-STX motherboard design in August as the 5x5, and now hardware makers are picking up the torch.
Intel has launched three new additions to its Compute Stick range based on The company’s Core and Atom processors.
Toshiba Corporation has announced that Toshiba Group will implement a series of management measures under a Toshiba Revitalization Action Plan. This plan will include reducing its headcount by 6800, about 30 per cent of its global total.
MSI says it has just what you need to keep your Skylake CPU from bending due to a monster cooling set-up: a metal frame.
Budget builders rejoice! Tech site Techspot confirms you can now overclock cheap Skylake chips with a BIOS update.
Apple reseller, Next Byte, will be shutting down its remaining eight stores during a three month period, taking place from January.
The company says its newest SoC has a 30 percent performance improvement over the Exynos 7 Octa.
Apple chose not to make the Pro's battery bigger to enhance its audio experience.
For smartphone watchers, the biggest issue will be if the 820 can leave the 810's overheating issues in the past.
Qualcomm says its chips will start appearing in devices next year
Intel has released new processors and free cloud services as part of its latest push to capitalize on the nascent Internet of Things market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Intel's Skylake vPro chips will support Windows 7 after all
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- The first PC hardware based on Intel's itty-bitty new mini-STX motherboards appear
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT