Intel's new Broadwell-E family comes with up to 10 cores, pushing the envelope in both performance and pricing. Read on for the details.
Intel considers virtual reality a key growth vector as it reshapes to survive in a post-PC world, and new Core i7 Extreme Edition chips will play a big role in that transition.
Intel wants you to pay server prices for server performance, but its new Broadwell-E gaming chip comes with a hidden power-up: a new feature that will speed up the chip faster than its Turbo Boost limit.
The water-cooled Asus ROG GX800 gaming laptop is a desktop in everything but name.
Nvidia's chief executive says he's not phased by Google's new chip for machine learning, even though Nvidia has staked part of its future on building chips for AI.
The next generation of graphics cards began with a whimper on Friday as the GeForce GTX 1080 launched with only reference models in limited availability.
In an early preview benchmark of Total War: Warhammer's DirectX 12 performance, Radeon wins across the board--but mind those caveats.
“Vega,” the codename for powerful 14nm Radeon graphics cards with second-gen high-bandwidth memory, aren’t expected until the end of the year per AMD’s GPU roadmap.
Google unveils custom TPU chip, which it says advances computing performance by three generations.
Here are hard details on Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1070, the more affordable cousin of the ferocious GTX 1080.
Adios, ridonkulously overpowered rigs. The GeForce GTX 1080 and Nvidia's new SLI HB bridges officially support only 2-way SLI configurations—though there's a workaround.
AMD's long-awaited Polaris GPUs may be imminent, but they're not in the "new" Radeon M400 series graphics that just rolled out.
This week Gordon Mah Ung, Brad Chacos, and Hayden Dingman fawn over the GeForce 1080 and debate whether to build an LGA1151 or LGA2011 v3 rig.
Fundamental research leading towards faster wireless networks, secure low-power technologies for the Internet of Things, and even 3D displays will be the focus of a research collaboration between Intel and the French Alternative Energies and Atomic E...
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 says goodbye to VGA support by ditching DVI-I connections.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
- Intel's Broadwell-E gaming CPU is a stunner, offering 10 cores for a whopping $1,723
- New Asus water-cooled laptop doubles up on GPUs and power supplies for insane gaming
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- FTSenior Mobile DeveloperWA
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCIdentity SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCTechnology Lead/ Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC