AMD for the first time is placing a solid-state drive in a new graphics card in an effort to squeeze every ounce of horsepower out of GPUs for better virtual reality and gaming experiences.
PC Components - News
Apple's decision to use the FirePro professional GPU in its Mac Pro line was a signature win for AMD; otherwise, it is getting crushed by Nvidia in the workstation market.
Nvidia keeps upping the performance with each new GPU based on the Pascal architecture. Its latest, the Quadro P6000, can deliver 12 teraflops of single-precision performance, a teraflop more than the Titan X unveiled just last week.
If you're expecting widespread availability of gaming desktops with AMD's Zen chips by year end, don't hold your breath.
The new Titan X based on Nvidia's cutting-edge Pascal GPU may be the first graphics card capable of no-compromise 60fps gaming at 4K resolution.
Seagate brings back the Barracuda Pro with 10TB of storage and 7,200rpm speed.
The key to quantum computing could be as simple as burning the active ingredient in moth balls; using this method, the holy grail of quantum computing – the ability to work in ‘real-world’ room temperatures – has been demonstrated by an international...
Nvidia GeForce and AMD Radeon graphics cards go head-to-head in the first major DirectX 12 benchmark tool, 3DMark's Time Spy.
Days before the launch of the GeForce GTX 1060, Nvidia's launching software to support it: VR Funhouse and the Ansel screenshot tool.
After testing Radeon Crimson 16.7.1, the driver rushed out to address the Radeon RX 480's power issues, all we can say is AMD nailed it.
If you picked up a Radeon RX 480 reference edition graphics card, you'll want to pick up Radeon Crimson 16.7.1 ASAP.
The GeForce GTX 1060 is Nvidia's answer to AMD's Radeon RX 480, which redefined what a $200 graphics card can do.
Online retailer, Kogan.com has begun trading on the ASX on July 7, but has seen a slip in its share price from an opening of $1.80 at 12pm down to $1.57 two hours later.
The Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC graphics card delivers Titan X-beating power in an ultra-tiny form factor.
AMD's $200 Radeon RX 480 draws much more power than it should through your motherboard, which could damage low-end systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti can give prebuilt PCs a big gaming boost
- Tested: Shadow Warrior 2 sees huge performance boosts from Nvidia's multi-res shading
- AMD quietly scuttles Gaming Evolved, the Radeon rival to GeForce Experience
- Why AMD FreeSync is beating Nvidia G-Sync on monitor selection and price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Web) 161011/AP/145Asia
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW