Why is AMD FreeSync more widely-available than Nvidia G-Sync? Monitor makers weigh in.
PC Components - News
For its tenth anniversary the DeathAdder gets new mechanical switches and what Razer claims is the "world's best" optical sensor.
As flash gets cheaper, enterprises are spending the same amount of money on storage systems but getting more capacity.
Toshiba's new OCZ VX500 SSD line will retail for 30 cents to 37 cents per gigabyte, among the lowest for NAND flash memory.
AMD has been tight-lipped about its upcoming GPUs code-named Vega, but here's one key detail: they will start rolling out in the first half of 2017.
Grab your $30 refunds from Nvidia on the GeForce GTX 970 class-action settlement website.
Nvidia's GeForce Experience 3.0 is better than ever before, but you need to sign up to use it.
Intel's 7th-gen Kaby Lake CPUs will bring massive power savings when playing 4K video and a double-digit performance increase.
Nvidia's cut-down GeForce GTX 1060 3GB is priced the same as the AMD Radeon RX 480, but claims better performance.
The Hydro GFX GTX 1080 blends Corsair's cooling expertise with MSI's graphics prowess.
AMD says its Solid State Graphics Technology will revolutionize professional GPU performance by adding NAND memory to its upcoming pro graphics cards.
AMD for the first time is placing a solid-state drive in a new graphics card in an effort to squeeze every ounce of horsepower out of GPUs for better virtual reality and gaming experiences.
Apple's decision to use the FirePro professional GPU in its Mac Pro line was a signature win for AMD; otherwise, it is getting crushed by Nvidia in the workstation market.
Nvidia keeps upping the performance with each new GPU based on the Pascal architecture. Its latest, the Quadro P6000, can deliver 12 teraflops of single-precision performance, a teraflop more than the Titan X unveiled just last week.
If you're expecting widespread availability of gaming desktops with AMD's Zen chips by year end, don't hold your breath.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD will sneak-peek its high-end Zen CPU in December, starting a new CPU war
- 5 burning questions about AMD's Zen chip
- Nvidia tempts GeForce Experience 3.0 users with Gears of War 4 giveaway
- Intel's latest Xeon chips based on Skylake due next year
- Intel packs more horsepower in its monster 22-core processor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCMigration OfficerQLD