AMD hopes to provide stiffer competition to Intel's Skylake with its new "7th Generation" processor for laptops and desktops.
Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
Broadwell-E—and its rumored 10-core CPU—pops up on Intel’s support website.
With its latest SSDs, Intel is paving the way for fast, standard NVMe connections in storage systems for both more and less adventurous users.
IBM says it wants to make intelligent computers that can make decisions like humans. This week, it shipped the NS16e, its largest brain-inspired computer yet, and has big goals ahead.
Quantum computing is now within closer reach thanks to a major breakthrough in which scientists have demonstrated for the first time that a key building block can be assembled.
Intel takes a break from “tick-tock” with a new a three-step manufacturing cadence.
Andy Grove, Intel's third employee, led Intel to prominence as the chief supplier of the X86 microprocessor, the engine of the PC. He was 79.
363 Dick Smith stores across Australia and New Zealand will be closed after the receivers couldn’t find a suitable buyer for the electronics retailer.
Microsoft dreams of a modular PC that makes replacing hardware components a breeze. We've heard this one before.
A barebones PC could turn into a multimedia or virtual reality powerhouse with new FirePro server graphics processors introduced by AMD.
Top trends from the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 in Las Vegas, according to analyst Ovum.
Business users alarmed by Microsoft's recent announcement that new chips will not run on Windows 7 PCs need not fret. More than 100 business PCs coming with Intel's new "Skylake" Core vPro processors will run Windows 7, though the chips are tuned for...
Consumer watchdog claims company made false representations in Father’s Day promotion
Intel introduced the mini-STX motherboard design in August as the 5x5, and now hardware makers are picking up the torch.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
- Intel axes 12,000 jobs as it looks to break away from PCs
- The Asus ROG GT51CA has a weird ROG Band wearable that unlocks a hidden hard drive
- HP wants to turn your Mac into a 44-core Windows PC
- New Ninja desktops roar with Intel's 72-core supercomputing chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW