IBM on Tuesday updated its System x iDataPlex servers to include graphics processors from Nvidia as it tries bring high-performance capabilities to its scale-out servers.
PC Components - News
Semiconductor research firm Chipworks has disassembled Microsoft's Kin Two smartphone to find that the device is powered by an aging Tegra chip from Nvidia that could be outdated by the end of this year.
The great recession has caused pain across the globe, but it's turned out to be a boon for the man trying to build a chip industry in Brazil.
Manufacturing problems that delayed the release of Nvidia's high-end Fermi chip family have eased, giving the company a boost in terms of sales and gross margin, the company's chief financial officer said Thursday.
Intel will bring its wireless display technology to mobile devices like smartphones and tablets, company executives said this week.
Researchers are paving the way for the future of micro-computing, using DNA (the building blocks of life) to build smaller-than-ever computer chips. These chips will be able to amass far superior amounts of circuitry compared to traditional silicon ...
A shortage of the latest Intel laptop PC microprocessors worsened in April, but the chip giant says it will meet demand by the end of this quarter.
Intel on Tuesday showed off a netbook with a dual-core Atom processor as it talked up efforts to crank up the performance of the low-cost laptops.
PC maker Dell is looking into Advanced Micro Devices' Fusion processors for use in future laptops and desktops as it tries to make PCs smaller and more power-efficient, a company executive said.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday announced new mobile processors as it tries to bridge the power and performance gap with Intel, while trying to lower laptop prices.
Toshiba will take its first step towards mass production of a new generation of memory chips later this year when it begins construction of a new factory in Japan.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC), the world's largest contract chip maker, on Monday reported record high chip sales for the month of April.
Intel will soon release new low-power processors for a class of thin and light laptops that bridge the gap between netbooks and mainstream laptops, a company spokeswoman confirmed on Friday.
After several years of suffering through a deep economic slump, the worldwide semiconductor industry is about to hit a high-water mark, signaling a rejuvenation of the industry.
Intel on Thursday said it would release a successor to its eight-core Nehalem-EX chips next year with more cores and faster speeds as it tries to push the limits of server performance.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD will sneak-peek its high-end Zen CPU in December, starting a new CPU war
- 5 burning questions about AMD's Zen chip
- Nvidia tempts GeForce Experience 3.0 users with Gears of War 4 giveaway
- Intel's latest Xeon chips based on Skylake due next year
- Intel packs more horsepower in its monster 22-core processor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PHPNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTField EngineerVIC