Intel sees its Light Peak technology for linking devices by optical cable as potentially succeeding USB 3.0, a change that in several years could mean the disappearance of a port used almost universally in gadgets today.
Intel showed off a pocket-sized device that monitors power usage by gadgets and appliances across a house, from toasters to computer monitors and video game consoles.
The latest family of Intel microprocessors, code-named Sandy Bridge, will be in production by the end of this year, while desktops and laptops with the chips will likely be on world markets in early 2011.
Intel has ported Google's Android mobile operating system to smartphones based on its Atom microprocessors, an Intel executive said Tuesday.
Intel on Tuesday reported strong earnings for the first quarter of fiscal 2010, with the company calling it the "best first quarter ever."
Microsoft Research and Carnegie Mellon University publicly unveiled work at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Atlanta Monday that makes an entire body a touch interface. Called Skinput, the system listens to the sounds made by tapping on p...
AMD has released a bit more information on their upcoming six-core Phenom II X6 processor (codenamed Thuban), revealing their take on automated overclocking, dubbed Turbo Core. We've covered Intel's Turbo Boost feature at length, and AMD's Turbo Core...
Intel this week reaffirmed its commitment to developing the Itanium processor, but also said it wants to grab market share with Xeon server chips in high-performance computing, where Itanium also plays.
Intel will ship computers with an experimental 48-core processor to researchers by the end of the second quarter as the company tries to reshape its future chips.
Global chip manufacturer Intel announced recently the availability of its next-generation Xeon processors which sport the popular Nehalem microarchitecture found in its consumer Core chips, and is targeted at mission-critical servers at the enterpris...
Based on an improved architecture, the Opteron 6000 series chips perform up to two times the level of AMD's previous generation six-core chips, said AMD Inc. An analyst thinks AMD has decided it wants to lead in processor innovation to broaden its ma...
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) grabbed a bigger piece of the global market in the fourth quarter of 2009.
Open-source enterprise software company Red Hat has updated its flagship operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), to take full advantage of the latest spoils from the heated microprocessor battle between Advanced Micro Devices and Intel.
Intel on Tuesday announced eight-core Nehalem-EX chips, which the company said provide performance jumps that could bring critical infrastructure computing to mainstream servers.
Acer will be among the first major computer vendors to sell systems based on Advanced Micro Devices' latest Opteron server chips, the 6100 series, the chip company said Monday
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Seagate's 10TB Barracuda Pro is the world's largest consumer hard drive
- Aussie moth ball link to Quantum Computing revolution
- 3DMark Time Spy tested: We pit Radeon vs. GeForce in this major new DX12 benchmark
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW