Acer will be among the first major computer vendors to sell systems based on Advanced Micro Devices' latest Opteron server chips, the 6100 series, the chip company said Monday
Intel remained the world's largest chip maker by revenue for the eighteenth consecutive year in 2009, despite an overall decline in the global chip market, Gartner said Monday.
Nvidia on Friday introduced its fastest graphics cards to date, which will be able to play back 3D movies on PCs and bring more realistic images to games.
IDC analysts on Thursday said the global chip industry will grow this year but offered one of the least optimistic industry revenue forecasts so far this year, saying the global recession remains a problem.
Intel CEO Paul Otellini saw his pay package jump in fiscal 2009 by 17 percent, which included performance-linked awards for guiding the company out of the recession, as a pay freeze for all employees was lifted, the company said.
An online retail store is taking orders for Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming 12-core Opteron processors, code-named Magny-Cours, ahead of the official launch.
The specifications for AMD's desktop-oriented six-core processors, codenamed 'Thuban', have been accidentally leaked by Gigabyte.
Nvidia on Wednesday asked customers to remove drivers that caused its GeForce graphics cards to overheat, which ultimately crashed some PCs.
Intel unveiled an array of new Xeon 5600 server processors.
Intel introduced a line of Xeon server chips that operate up to 60 percent faster than previous server processors, the company said on Tuesday.
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Tuesday released research detailing how molecules in chips can self-assemble, potentially reducing manufacturing costs.
Advanced Micro Devices turned a profit in 2009 after three successive annual losses, but CEO Dirk Meyer's total compensation fell 15%.
Desktop processor technology took a significant step forward this month with the unveiling of six-core processors by both Advanced Micro Devices Inc. and Intel Corp., analysts say.
Intel unveiled its newest flagship processor for the desktop market, the Core i7 980x Extreme. The CPU pushes the envelope by including six physical cores, and hyperthreading technology to virtualize twelve cores--its almost like having twelve comput...
Intel is standing by its promise for a March release of its next generation Xeon processors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus and MSI accused of juicing GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card review samples
- Intel pits monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip against GPUs
- Dell claims its external graphics card tech beats Thunderbolt 3 options
- Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards intensify AMD's affordable gaming push
- Gigabyte just showed an eGPU with Thunderbolt/USB-C for easier laptop external graphics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC