A European online retailer has started selling Intel's first six-core processor for desktops before the chip's official release by the hardware giant.
PC Components - News
Intel on Monday will officially release the latest Atom N470 processor, which should bring faster performance and longer battery life to netbooks, a source familiar with Intel's plans said.
Researchers at Florida State University have discovered crystals that could lead to super security chips as well as contribute to the discovery of materials that expand the capacity of electronic storage devices by 1,000 to 1 million times.
The global chip industry will rebound sharply from the global recession and post 20 percent year-on-year growth in 2010, market researcher Gartner said Thursday.
Intel faces challenges in migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7, including application incompatibility and system readiness, the company said on Wednesday.
Intel Capital and other venture capital firms will invest US$3.5 billion in U.S. technology firms over the next two years, and Intel and 16 other large U.S. companies will step up their hiring of U.S. college graduates, especially those in computer s...
Intel announced a new initiative aimed at growing the tech job market in the United States and jumpstarting innovation and investment in the tech sector. The Invest in America Alliance is committed to investing US$3.5 billion private-sector dollars i...
Xilinx, which makes a range of chips often used in communications gear, plans to release its first 28-nanometer chips by the fourth quarter of this year to lower costs and attract new customers as the world pulls out of recession.
The energy cost of home appliances like washing machines and refrigerators could drop if a new microcontroller announced by Arm on Monday lives up to expectations.
If you haven't changed the default password on your home router, you may be in for an unwanted visit from Chuck Norris -- the Chuck Norris botnet, that is.
Intel is going after the tablet market for its low-power processors, including an upcoming Atom processor designed for mobile phones, the company said.
Global revenue for DRAM more than doubled during the fourth quarter of 2009 on a year-over-year basis, driven by increased PC shipments and higher average selling prices, research firm iSuppli said on Thursday.
Most Windows 7 PCs max out their memory, resulting in performance bottlenecks, a researcher said today.
ATI is taking the wraps off some major changes to its Catalyst drivers today. These monthly graphics driver updates usually focus on minor tweaks, bug fixes, and performance improvements, but this month and next month will usher in some singificant n...
An online retailer is selling a 12-core Opteron server processor from Advanced Micro Devices ahead of the product's official launch by the chip company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia rushes hotfix after bad GeForce driver broke Windows 10's Start menu, apps
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti can give prebuilt PCs a big gaming boost
- Tested: Shadow Warrior 2 sees huge performance boosts from Nvidia's multi-res shading
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- TPTraining LeadVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- CCSecurity Architect (Identity Access Management) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2SA
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- FTFrontend Developer/DesignerNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Software DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW