Shipments of graphics chips worldwide went up in 2009 and could rise again this year as the PC industry emerges from the recession and consumers open up wallets, Jon Peddie Research said in a study on Tuesday.
PC Components - News
AMD launched five new processors today, expanding its Phenom II and Athlon II lines with chips geared towards the budget-conscious Windows 7 user.
Advanced Micro Devices gained share in worldwide processor shipments at the expense of rival Intel during the fourth quarter of 2009, IDC said in a study released on Tuesday.
With Advanced Micro Devices back on its financial feet after 13 grueling quarters in the red, industry watchers are looking for the chip maker to dust itself off and plot a course for the next few years.
Rambus' agreement to settle legal claims with Samsung Electronics could accelerate deals that could help new memory technology being developed by Rambus get to market faster, analysts said.
Advanced Micro Devices reached profitability for the first time in three years during the fourth quarter of 2009, benefiting from a legal settlement with Intel and a change in its business model, the company said on Thursday.
No one should be surprised that the big action in the CPU market this year will be in the mobile and low-power processor segments.
Taiwan's biggest DRAM maker, Nanya Technology, reported its first net profit in nearly three years on Wednesday, as DRAM prices rose and demand remained strong in the fourth quarter of last year.
Samsung Electronics and Rambus on Tuesday announced they had settled outstanding claims over licensing, which should net Rambus more than US$700 million over the next five years.
Mobile broadband comes in different flavors, and the options are growing. Users can connect to the Internet through 3G networks, but now WiMax capabilities are being added to many laptops. WiMax (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access) is a ...
Mesh Computers has launched what it claims is the world's first commercially available DirectX 11 (DX11) laptop.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) has sped up construction of new chip factories as demand for chips used in PCs and other gadgets surges.
Spend too much time monkeying around with the inside of your PC? Wish you had a trained primate to install the latest and greatest graphics cards? In its latest advertisement that left us agape, ATI demonstrates via Louie the primate that its cards...
Back in September, Nvidia unveiled some details of its new graphics architecture, code-named Fermi. The focus at that time was on GPU compute features. Today, Nvidia has unveiled some details about the new chip that as it relates to traditional graph...
Intel is updating its Classmate PC netbook models, adding new processors and shrinking the devices to make them sleeker and easier to carry.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC prices will continue to go up due to shortage of components
- Radeon Vega vs. GeForce GTX 1080 Ti? AMD, Nvidia announce dueling events at GDC 2017
- Toshiba's in chaos, but not quitting PCs -- yet
- Intel's 8th-gen 'Coffee Lake' chips reuse 14nm process as other Core CPUs ease into new tech
- Intel researches tech to prepare for a future beyond today's PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- CCLevel 2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- CCSenior consultant/ Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- TPSAP Helpdesk SupportACT
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCTest ManagerWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD