Intel and Numonyx B.V. announced a breakthrough in the development of phase-change memory today that has the potential to allow developers to stack multiple layers of chips atop each other, thereby greatly increasing the density of the nonvolatile me...
Asustek Computer unveiled its first supercomputer on Monday, the desktop computer-sized ESC 1000, which uses Nvidia graphics processors to attain speeds up to 1.1 teraflops.
Tilera on Monday announced new general-purpose CPUs, including a 100-core chip, as it tries to make its way into the server market dominated by Intel and Advanced Micro Devices.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission is moving toward opening a formal complaint against Intel, according to a news report published on Friday.
The DRAM industry in the second and third quarters of 2009 posted the strongest sequential growth in revenue and pricing seen in at least five years, according to market research firm iSuppli. The record sales figures indicate that the market recover...
In the wide field of microprocessors, some chips have stood out for the influence they've had technologically, culturally, and economically. They aren't necessarily the most successful, the best selling, or the most powerful, but they each started an...
The global economy may not be robust, but the PC and chip sectors are hoping to gain some ground with the help of Microsoft's Windows 7 OS, which will start shipping on Thursday.
Arm Holdings has introduced a processor for smartphones and other devices that it says will be cheaper, and more powerful and energy-efficient than the two ARM processors it will supplant. The company expects that the new chip will also help it ward ...
Apple's low-key product rollout on Tuesday included updated iMacs and a new MacBook, but one of its more innovative new offerings deserves a closer look: the Magic Mouse. Featuring multi-touch features borrowed from the iPhone, iPod touch, and MacBoo...
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday announced a new range of desktop microprocessors, including its first Athlon triple-core processors.
Advanced Micro Devices on Thursday narrowed its net loss during the third quarter of 2009 as the company inches closer to profitability.
In an environment hungry for good economic news, Intel Corp. delivered a share of it Tuesday in its third-quarter results, which it said offered evidence of a "recovering market."
Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University and Intel Labs Pittsburgh have built an experimental energy-efficient computing cluster that combines flash memory and the sort of processors used in netbooks. Their name for it? Fast Array of Wimpy Nodes (FA...
Intel on Tuesday reported strong third-quarter earnings that beat analyst expectations and were buoyed by what the company called "momentum" in the economy.
Arm Holdings is positioning its chips as the main processors in the low-end laptop market, but does not expect these chips to account for a significant part of its revenue, an executive said on Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Total War: Warhammer DirectX 12 performance preview: Radeon reigns supreme
- Radeon Polaris GPU and Bristol Ridge APU should be featured by AMD at Computex
- Google's Tensor Processing Unit said to advance Moore's Law seven years into the future
- Confirmed by Nvidia: Official GeForce GTX 1070 tech specifications leak
- Rumours are true: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 officially supports only 2-way SLI setups
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCProject ManagerACT