New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo has filed a federal antitrust lawsuit against microprocessor maker Intel, alleging that the company engaged in a "systematic campaign" of illegal conduct to protect a monopoly.
New York's antitrust suit filed against Intel Corp. today, coupled with previous antitrust actions and lawsuits, could give rivals like Advanced Micro Devices Inc. room to pick up some steam in the processor business. New York Attorney General Andrew...
Intel expanded its chip shipment lead over Advanced Micro Devices during the third quarter as the rivals battle for larger market share, according to a survey released by Mercury Research on Tuesday.
Via launched its fastest netbook processors to date as part of a new lineup of chips that also draw less power, the company said on Tuesday.
Some Windows 7 users are complaining on an Apple discussion forum that they can’t sync their iPhones to their new PCs.
Acer executives have grumbled about the performance of Intel's processors for thin and light laptops but suggested that faster chips are coming early next year.
Microsoft has long said, and we have reminded users, that DirectX 11 is not just a Windows 7 technology. The company promised that DirectX 11 will be available for Vista around the same time as the release of its latest and greatest operating system.
Intel has pulled a firmware upgrade it released on Monday for its X25-M consumer solid-state drives as users complained that the software caused crashes.
Intel and Numonyx B.V. announced a breakthrough in the development of phase-change memory today that has the potential to allow developers to stack multiple layers of chips atop each other, thereby greatly increasing the density of the nonvolatile me...
Asustek Computer unveiled its first supercomputer on Monday, the desktop computer-sized ESC 1000, which uses Nvidia graphics processors to attain speeds up to 1.1 teraflops.
Tilera on Monday announced new general-purpose CPUs, including a 100-core chip, as it tries to make its way into the server market dominated by Intel and Advanced Micro Devices.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission is moving toward opening a formal complaint against Intel, according to a news report published on Friday.
The DRAM industry in the second and third quarters of 2009 posted the strongest sequential growth in revenue and pricing seen in at least five years, according to market research firm iSuppli. The record sales figures indicate that the market recover...
In the wide field of microprocessors, some chips have stood out for the influence they've had technologically, culturally, and economically. They aren't necessarily the most successful, the best selling, or the most powerful, but they each started an...
The global economy may not be robust, but the PC and chip sectors are hoping to gain some ground with the help of Microsoft's Windows 7 OS, which will start shipping on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus and MSI accused of juicing GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card review samples
- Intel pits monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip against GPUs
- Dell claims its external graphics card tech beats Thunderbolt 3 options
- Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards intensify AMD's affordable gaming push
- Gigabyte just showed an eGPU with Thunderbolt/USB-C for easier laptop external graphics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC