Chipmaker AMD wants to change how PCs are purchased, replacing tech jargon with a simple description of what a particular computer should be used for. If successful, AMD will put the focus on users instead of what's inside their computer.
Intel showed off a number of new computer systems and at least 40 new motherboards built by partners for new Intel microprocessors that officially launched on Tuesday, nearly a month after the chips were first spotted at computer markets in Taipei.
A year after its launch, Intel is pushing the Nehalem microarchitecture into mainstream PCs with the release of its first Core i5 chip on Tuesday.
Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC) of Abu Dhabi has signed a definitive agreement to acquire chip maker Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing of Singapore in a deal valued at S$5.6 billion (US$3.9 billion) in cash and debt, the companies s...
AMD Inc. announced Monday an ultra-low power version of its six-core Istanbul Opteron processors, targeted at cloud computing customers.
Several readers has asked us about this very insistent program that wants to download itself and protect their computer.
Philips has announced a wireless HDMI product that lets consumers connect home electronics products, like a television and a Blu-Ray player, without using any wires, it said on Thursday.
The ombudsman for the European Union has confirmed receiving a complaint from Intel about the way its antitrust case was handled in Europe and said he will publish a summary of his decision later this month.
Intel has tweaked its chip road map, with plans to extend its upcoming Westmere mainstream desktop dual-core chips with integrated graphics processors to entry-level servers.
DRAM prices continued to rise in August, finally reaching profitable levels for most chip makers after they reached multi-year lows early this year.
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang predicted a whopping 570-fold increase in GPU Compute performance over the next three years, while traditional CPU would merely triple in processing power during that time, according to TG Daily. Huang made his claims during...
Processor manufacturer Intel on Friday announced the change in branding of its flagship processor family, in hopes of allaying confusion among consumers regarding the various brands they offer.
Like the rest of the economy, the tech sector has been in the doldrums for well over a year now. But there are signs that things may be improving. Here are five recent developments that show a tech recovery may be under way.
Fueling hopes that the hardware sector will bounce back from the recession in the second half of the year, Intel Friday said its expectations for third-quarter revenue are higher than its prior forecast due to stronger-than-expected demand for proces...
Gartner raised its revenue forecast for the global chip industry on Wednesday, saying stronger than expected demand for PCs, LCD TVs, mobile phones and other devices in the second quarter boosted demand for chips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Intel's Skylake vPro chips will support Windows 7 after all
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- The first PC hardware based on Intel's itty-bitty new mini-STX motherboards appear
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW