Intel Corp. may still hold bragging rights for having the fastest desktop processors on the market, but Advanced Micro Devices Inc. believes its newest chips' value for money will prove more popular in these tough economic times.
Here we go again.
Fujitsu announced the launch of the 0-Watt-PC to its proGreen series. This energy-saving PC, announced earlier at this year's CeBIT, is now available for shipping in two versions: the Esprimo E7935 0-Watt (small form factor) and Esprimo P7935 0-Watt...
Using an analogue display to show your PC's various statistics seems to be a fairly popular modification right now.
Sony has said some of its Vaio laptops are equipped with faulty graphics chips from Nvidia, which the graphics company has said could cause some laptops to overheat and ultimately fail.
AMD has announced the immediate availability of two new dual-core 18W TDP processors for the highly-scalable ASB1 BGA embedded client platform. The AMD Turion Neo X2 processor Model L625 and the AMD Athlon Neo X2 processor Model L325 claim to deliver...
Nvidia on Monday licensed an important technology for its graphics cards to work with Intel's latest Nehalem processors, but friction between the vendors over the processor microarchitecture will continue to linger, an analyst said.
Advanced Micro Devices will soon launch a graphics card that supports Microsoft's DirectX 11, which aims to make graphics in Windows 7 seem smoother and more realistic.
Microsoft's newest operating system for PCs will launch in late October, but it won't boost PC sales enough to help the global DRAM memory chip market until the second quarter of next year, executives in Taiwan said Thursday.
The sale of microprocessors is bucking the economic downturn, as the number of PC processors sold rose about 10 percent during the second quarter compared to the first three months of this year, according to market research company IDC.
Nvidia on Thursday disclosed a charge of US$119.1 million for its second fiscal quarter, ended July 26, to cover costs related to a faulty die and weak packaging material used in its graphics chips.
nVidia has introduced the OptiX interactive ray tracing engine, which is part of a suite of application-acceleration engines aimed at software developers who create high-end 3D suites. These engines are designed to be integrated into 3D modelling, an...
Details of an upcoming Core i5 processor from Intel have surfaced on a retailer's Web site.
Windows 7 may loom, but Nvidia Inc. is bucking the trend, releasing a second member of its ION graphics platform targeted at netbook and net-top PCs running Windows XP.
At the SIGGRAPH graphics conference in New Orleans this week, the Khronos Group announced the release of OpenGL 3.2. The new revision of the graphics API standard, along with the accompanying OpenGL Shading Language 1.50, adds quite a few new feature...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer’s DeathAdder Elite upgrades the ever-popular gaming mouse's capabilities
- Falling flash prices are a boon to enterprise storage buyers
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- AMD's Vega GPUs will start shipping in the first half of 2017
- GeForce GTX 970 settlement website opens, Nvidia will pay graphics card owners $30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT