DRAM prices continued to rise in August, finally reaching profitable levels for most chip makers after they reached multi-year lows early this year.
PC Components - News
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang predicted a whopping 570-fold increase in GPU Compute performance over the next three years, while traditional CPU would merely triple in processing power during that time, according to TG Daily. Huang made his claims during...
Processor manufacturer Intel on Friday announced the change in branding of its flagship processor family, in hopes of allaying confusion among consumers regarding the various brands they offer.
Like the rest of the economy, the tech sector has been in the doldrums for well over a year now. But there are signs that things may be improving. Here are five recent developments that show a tech recovery may be under way.
Fueling hopes that the hardware sector will bounce back from the recession in the second half of the year, Intel Friday said its expectations for third-quarter revenue are higher than its prior forecast due to stronger-than-expected demand for proces...
Gartner raised its revenue forecast for the global chip industry on Wednesday, saying stronger than expected demand for PCs, LCD TVs, mobile phones and other devices in the second quarter boosted demand for chips.
Despite a rapid rise in the sale of consumer Blu-ray Disc players due to a drop in prices and an increase in high-definition movie content, Blu-ray players in PCs are not seeing any significant increase in sales, according to iSuppli Corp.
Fujitsu aims to deliver by early 2011 a 10-petaflop supercomputer, which would be almost 10 times more powerful than today's fastest system.
Intel has made a number of power-saving enhancements to its Atom architecture that will be included in its upcoming Moorestown platform for smartphones, a company official said on Monday.
Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming 12-core chips will draw the same power as existing six-core chips, but will have reduced clock speeds, a company official said Monday.
Asus has launched its Formula Series of graphics cards. Two cards are available currently -- the Radeon 4770 (EAH4770 FORMULA/DI/512MD5) and Radeon 4890 (EAH4890 FORMULA/HTDI/1GD5). Asus says their Formula Series cards are inspired by Formula One rac...
Chip makers will describe plans to deliver server processors with eight CPU cores at the Hot Chips conference at Stanford University, though there is some debate about what the products will mean for end-users.
Intel will focus on its next generation of smaller and faster chips at a conference next month as it prepares to ship new chips for systems in 2010.
Intel has acquired software company RapidMind in an effort to push development of programs that can exploit the power of Intel's multicore processors, the company said Friday.
Nvidia Inc., the PC graphics chipmaker that is trying to break into the portable computing electronics market, needs the upcoming Zune HD media player to be successful as much as the player's maker, Microsoft Corp.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD will sneak-peek its high-end Zen CPU in December, starting a new CPU war
- 5 burning questions about AMD's Zen chip
- Nvidia tempts GeForce Experience 3.0 users with Gears of War 4 giveaway
- Intel's latest Xeon chips based on Skylake due next year
- Intel packs more horsepower in its monster 22-core processor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)VIC
- CCBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT