DRAM prices continued to rise in August, finally reaching profitable levels for most chip makers after they reached multi-year lows early this year.
PC Components - News
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang predicted a whopping 570-fold increase in GPU Compute performance over the next three years, while traditional CPU would merely triple in processing power during that time, according to TG Daily. Huang made his claims during...
Processor manufacturer Intel on Friday announced the change in branding of its flagship processor family, in hopes of allaying confusion among consumers regarding the various brands they offer.
Like the rest of the economy, the tech sector has been in the doldrums for well over a year now. But there are signs that things may be improving. Here are five recent developments that show a tech recovery may be under way.
Fueling hopes that the hardware sector will bounce back from the recession in the second half of the year, Intel Friday said its expectations for third-quarter revenue are higher than its prior forecast due to stronger-than-expected demand for proces...
Gartner raised its revenue forecast for the global chip industry on Wednesday, saying stronger than expected demand for PCs, LCD TVs, mobile phones and other devices in the second quarter boosted demand for chips.
Despite a rapid rise in the sale of consumer Blu-ray Disc players due to a drop in prices and an increase in high-definition movie content, Blu-ray players in PCs are not seeing any significant increase in sales, according to iSuppli Corp.
Fujitsu aims to deliver by early 2011 a 10-petaflop supercomputer, which would be almost 10 times more powerful than today's fastest system.
Intel has made a number of power-saving enhancements to its Atom architecture that will be included in its upcoming Moorestown platform for smartphones, a company official said on Monday.
Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming 12-core chips will draw the same power as existing six-core chips, but will have reduced clock speeds, a company official said Monday.
Asus has launched its Formula Series of graphics cards. Two cards are available currently -- the Radeon 4770 (EAH4770 FORMULA/DI/512MD5) and Radeon 4890 (EAH4890 FORMULA/HTDI/1GD5). Asus says their Formula Series cards are inspired by Formula One rac...
Chip makers will describe plans to deliver server processors with eight CPU cores at the Hot Chips conference at Stanford University, though there is some debate about what the products will mean for end-users.
Intel will focus on its next generation of smaller and faster chips at a conference next month as it prepares to ship new chips for systems in 2010.
Intel has acquired software company RapidMind in an effort to push development of programs that can exploit the power of Intel's multicore processors, the company said Friday.
Nvidia Inc., the PC graphics chipmaker that is trying to break into the portable computing electronics market, needs the upcoming Zune HD media player to be successful as much as the player's maker, Microsoft Corp.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD will sneak-peek its high-end Zen CPU in December, starting a new CPU war
- 5 burning questions about AMD's Zen chip
- Nvidia tempts GeForce Experience 3.0 users with Gears of War 4 giveaway
- Intel's latest Xeon chips based on Skylake due next year
- Intel packs more horsepower in its monster 22-core processor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTJunior IT AdministratorNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCProject AdministratorSA
- CCProgramme and Project SchedulerACT
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCProject DirectorVIC