Advanced Micro Devices will soon launch a graphics card that supports Microsoft's DirectX 11, which aims to make graphics in Windows 7 seem smoother and more realistic.
Microsoft's newest operating system for PCs will launch in late October, but it won't boost PC sales enough to help the global DRAM memory chip market until the second quarter of next year, executives in Taiwan said Thursday.
The sale of microprocessors is bucking the economic downturn, as the number of PC processors sold rose about 10 percent during the second quarter compared to the first three months of this year, according to market research company IDC.
Nvidia on Thursday disclosed a charge of US$119.1 million for its second fiscal quarter, ended July 26, to cover costs related to a faulty die and weak packaging material used in its graphics chips.
nVidia has introduced the OptiX interactive ray tracing engine, which is part of a suite of application-acceleration engines aimed at software developers who create high-end 3D suites. These engines are designed to be integrated into 3D modelling, an...
Details of an upcoming Core i5 processor from Intel have surfaced on a retailer's Web site.
Windows 7 may loom, but Nvidia Inc. is bucking the trend, releasing a second member of its ION graphics platform targeted at netbook and net-top PCs running Windows XP.
At the SIGGRAPH graphics conference in New Orleans this week, the Khronos Group announced the release of OpenGL 3.2. The new revision of the graphics API standard, along with the accompanying OpenGL Shading Language 1.50, adds quite a few new feature...
AMD announced the AMD 785G chipset. Designed to be at the core of the mainstream PC for Windows 7, it features the ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics technology, DirectX 10.1 gaming, and multi-core processing for Windows 7-capable systems.
Nvidia Inc.'s charge that sales of its Ion graphics platform are being unfairly hampered by Intel Corp.'s bundling and predatory pricing tactics have so far gained the graphics vendor some public sympathy, but little more.
Advanced Micro Devices introduced a new chipset on Monday with an integrated graphics core that provides a better high-definition video experience compared to earlier chipsets, the company said.
Looks like we'll be waiting a little longer for USB 3.0 after all. The Inquirer is reporting that Asus plans to ditch the snazzy USB 3.0-equipped P6X68 mobo that I wrote about last week. The highly anticipated board was to be the worlds first with Su...
Chip shipments more than doubled in the second quarter compared to the first at contract chip makers United Microelectronics (UMC) of Taiwan and its smaller rival Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) of China, another sign the global chip...
AMD has announced a new flagship model in its line of workstation-class graphics cards, the ATI FirePro V8750. The company has also debuted the S400 genlock and framelock add-on board for use in video editing suites, and announced that its CrossFire ...
Intel said on Wednesday that it will deliver new Atom chips on time later this year, rejecting a report that the chips have been delayed until 2010.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's new $200 GeForce GTX 1060 3GB challenges the Radeon RX 480 head-on
- Corsair and MSI team up on a liquid-cooled, overclocked GeForce GTX 1080
- AMD's new SSG Technology blends an SSD with a GPU?!
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA