Handheld devices running Moblin 2.0 will be able to access Google's Android Market, potentially making the Intel operating system as appealing as Android for mobile carriers paid to host application downloads on their networks.
Intel said Thursday that it has agreed to acquire Wind River Systems for a total of about $884 million in cash, in an effort to bolster its offerings in the market for processors for embedded systems and mobile devices.
The world's third-largest PC vendor plans to roll out the Moblin Linux operating system, championed by Intel, in its products, a top executive said Wednesday.
Laptops and handheld computers based on Nvidia's Tegra computing platform will hit the market before the end of this year, the company said Tuesday.
The first computers based on Nvidia's Tegra platform have yet to hit the market, but that company is already talking up its successor, Tegra II.
Taiwanese device maker Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) is showing off a pair of mini-desktop PCs, or nettops, running the latest Intel Pineview chips at the Computex electronics exhibition in Taipei.
Intel is introducing a new low-power processor for what it hopes will be a new class of thin and light laptops that bridge the gap between netbooks and mainstream laptops.
Advanced Micro Devices on Monday said it had started shipping the dual-core Athlon Neo processor for thin and light laptops, upping the ante in its battle with rival Intel, which offers processors for similar laptops.
Advanced Micro Devices on Monday announced six-core Opteron chips, which make them the fastest server chips the company has released to date.
Intel Corp. has once again delayed the release of its next-generation Itanium server processor to develop undisclosed "application scalability" enhancements.
Taiwanese vendor Sparkle has unveiled its latest graphics card, the GeForce GTX 285 Plus. It boasts what the company calls an 'unapproachable cooling solution'. The specialty of this video card is the Accelero Xtreme cooling solution from Arctic Cool...
Asus today released its new M4A78-HTPC Series motherboards that are developed specifically for use in Home Theatre Personal Computers (HTPCs). According to a press release, the M4A78-HTPC Series motherboards are based on the AMD 780G chipset, which i...
AgigA Tech introduced a high-speed, high-density non-volatile RAM system.
Ever since Dell bought a stake in Alienware, people have been wondering: What becomes of Dell's gaming-friendly XPS line? As of today, it goes away. Or at least it stops trying to cater to gaming enthusiasts. Henceforth, Dell-owned Alienware is the o...
MSI today unveiled two new energy saving graphics cards - N9800GT-MD1G and N9800GT-MD512. These cards use MSI's latest generation of capacitors, Hi-c CAP, and solid state chokes (SSC) for better, more stable overclocking. Also, there is no need for t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus and MSI accused of juicing GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card review samples
- Intel pits monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip against GPUs
- Dell claims its external graphics card tech beats Thunderbolt 3 options
- Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards intensify AMD's affordable gaming push
- Gigabyte just showed an eGPU with Thunderbolt/USB-C for easier laptop external graphics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW