Taiwan announced a new plan Tuesday to allow its embattled DRAM makers to apply for government bailout funds over the next three months, but the money will come at a price.
PC Components - News
Advanced Micro Devices narrowed its net loss during the second quarter of 2009 as it slowly inched its way toward profitability after consecutive quarterly losses, the company said Tuesday.
The price of DRAM computer memory chips is on the rise as global PC makers gear up for back-to-school and holiday sales later this year, which could be stronger than expected due to the arrival of Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system.
Intel dropped prices of some quad-core desktop processors on Sunday as it gets ready to launch processors based on the new Nehalem chip architecture.
Advanced Micro Devices is getting ready to put Neo chips in low-power desktop products, upping the ante in its battle with rival Intel, which offers processors for similar devices.
Advanced Micro Devices spin-off GlobalFoundries is set to announce its first customer soon, taking a step forward as it tries to build up its manufacturing operations.
Intel on Tuesday reported that its net income for the second fiscal quarter of 2009 dropped US$2 billion year-over-year because of the hefty fine imposed on the chip maker by the European Commission.
Advanced Micro Devices added five more chips to its line of Six-Core Opteron processors on Monday, offering a boost in performance with lower power consumption that current models.
Intel appears ready to deliver, starting next month, new server, laptop and desktop processors based on its new microarchitecture, which offers improved performance.
MSI has announced that they have integrated Intel's current multimedia platform - the Intel G41 chipset - into its new series of motherboards.
The red-hot mobile device industry is pushing chip giant Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) to focus its development efforts on low-power technology, a sign the trend to focus on power savings over performance will continue into the foreseeabl...
Contract manufacturer Flextronics opened a research and design center for laptop computers in Taiwan, aiming to tap into the island's pool of engineering talent.
The world's largest chip maker is working with Google on the Chrome operating system and has been privy to the project for some time, a spokesman for the company said Friday.
Despite Advanced Micro Devices' historical stance that it has no interest in the netbook space, PC makers continue to build the chip maker's processors into low-cost PCs.
Hewlett-Packard is offering six-core processors in a new workstation series, the company said Wednesday.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC prices will continue to go up due to shortage of components
- Radeon Vega vs. GeForce GTX 1080 Ti? AMD, Nvidia announce dueling events at GDC 2017
- Toshiba's in chaos, but not quitting PCs -- yet
- Intel's 8th-gen 'Coffee Lake' chips reuse 14nm process as other Core CPUs ease into new tech
- Intel researches tech to prepare for a future beyond today's PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedVIC
- CCTechnical Team LeadSA
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- TPTechnical ConsultantNSW
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW