Graphics chip vendor Nvidia spent US$43.6 million during its last fiscal year to cover warranty and product replacement claims related to graphics chips that were manufactured and sold with a weak packaging material, the company said on Friday.
Microprocessor maker Intel retained its title of world's largest chip maker last year, while rival Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) fell from the top ten, according to market researcher iSuppli.
Apple on Tuesday jumped ahead of Intel in launching the chip maker's quad-core Xeon chips, announcing two workstations that carry the upcoming processors.
Intel on Monday detailed plans to push its Atom processors into devices beyond just netbooks and mobile Internet devices.
Intel on Wednesday said it had joined Dell and other companies in an attempt to free the term 'netbook' from the clutches of PC maker Psion Teklogix.
Hewlett-Packard became the biggest customer worldwide for microprocessor maker Intel last year, surpassing rival, Dell.
Intel on Tuesday went to court to resolve a licensing dispute with Nvidia over the latter's plan to build chipsets compatible with Intel's latest Nehalem processors.
Intel is facing the same economic headwind that is buffeting most IT vendors. The chip maker's fourth-quarter revenue and profits fell 23% and a whopping 90%|, respectively. And last month, Intel said it planned to close four manufacturing facilities...
Intel this week accelerated plans to release two dual-core laptop and desktop processors, tweaking its road map as it juggles manufacturing efforts to cut costs.
Intel confirmed that the upcoming eight-core, 2.3 billion transistor processor it plans to detail next week is the Nehalem EX chip, but the company declined to offer details of the chip ahead of the International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSC...
DRAM chip prices soared in Asia on Monday after traders returned from the week long Lunar New Year holiday in China and Taiwan and faced up to supply chain concerns after chip maker Qimonda's bankruptcy filing.
In an unlikely union of technologies, PC retailer Eurocom has said it will ship laptops powered by Intel's Core i7 processor, which the chip maker has dubbed the "fastest processor on this planet."
Samsung Electronics announced Thursday that it has developed the first 4Gbit DDR3 DRAM chip using a 50 nanometer (nm) lithography process. The new chip doubles the density of earlier DRAM chips, yielding modules with up to 32GB capacity.
Intel plans to detail an eight-core Xeon processor at the International Solid-State Circuits Conference in San Francisco next month, offering an early look at what appears to be the company's first eight-core chip.
A European court on Tuesday rejected a request from Intel to postpone a deadline in the European Commission's antitrust proceedings against the company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel profit falls as PC slump continues
- Mac users exposed by zero-day vulnerability
- Intel shows first Skylake tablet
- USB 3.1 set to reach desktops
- Hands-on with AMD's FreeSync: The technology that could kill Nvidia's G-Sync
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC