Intel's strategy to rename its chips and platforms has seen some opposition from chip enthusiasts, who say the new naming conventions are even more confusing.
PC Components - News
Computers, copiers and printers sold the European Union and the U.S. will have to become more energy-efficient from next month in order to gain Energy Star approval, following an agreement signed Wednesday by the European Commission and the U.S. Envi...
Intel Corp. may not have officially released the specs of its upcoming Pineview family of Atom CPUs, but that hasn't stopped Nvidia Inc. from claiming that its Ion platform will best its Intel counterpart, especially in the areas of high-definition m...
Sun is reportedly canceling its long-awaited Rock project, a 16-core server chip that was expected to be delivered later this year.
Media 100 has released Media 100 Version 13.0.3. The update to the video editing software adds support for AJA's KONA LHi video card, taking advantage of the KONA LHi's new HDMI output feature.
ASUS today launched an online forum, Ask More to provide technical support for its motherboards, graphics cards and LCD monitors. Users can post queries about ASUS motherboards and graphics card on this forum and their queries are supposed to be reso...
An Iranian research institute claims it used Advance Micro Devices Inc. Opteron microprocessors to build a high computing performance system. The claim is but one more piece of evidence that the U.S. trade embargo on Iran has little impact on the cou...
Nvidia hopes to develop chips that enable applications such as image recognition and video search on mobile devices like smartphones and low-cost laptops, CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said on Tuesday.
Twice the power, half the battery drain of last year's GPU--a pretty bold claim, and one that nVidia makes about its new 200M series laptop GPUs. Today nVidia lifts the lid off five graphics processors that will grace everything from cost-conscious c...
Gigabyte recently announced at Computex that its proprietary Dual BIOS technology will be extended to every GIGABYTE motherboard with immediate effect. Dual BIOS provides a backup BIOS that automatically repairs or replaces the primary BIOS when nece...
It seems Moore's Law doesn't apply to the next generation of Intel's Atom chips. The low-cost, power-sipping chips, codenamed "Pineview," will greatly improve upon both of those traits, but at the expense of any significant speed boost, according to ...
Even as it is pushing mobile computing, Intel expects desktop computers to continue to be in demand in the long term, an Intel executive said on Thursday.
Two new low-power Neo processors from Advanced Micro Devices have surfaced on the Web site of PC maker Hewlett-Packard, which is offering the chips in its ultrathin laptop.
Nvidia on Monday said that Rambus had filed motions with the U.S. International Trade Commission to terminate an investigation relating to Nvidia's alleged infringement on four patents.
Nvidia's problem with weak packaging material that caused some of its laptop graphics chips to fail prematurely hasn't hurt the company's relationships with laptop makers that use its chips, a company executive said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia rushes hotfix after bad GeForce driver broke Windows 10's Start menu, apps
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti can give prebuilt PCs a big gaming boost
- Tested: Shadow Warrior 2 sees huge performance boosts from Nvidia's multi-res shading
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCHelpdesk/Desktop supportVIC
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2SA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- FTSenior Manager, Digital Analytics and Customer InsightsNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportSA
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT