Advanced Micro Devices on Friday said it would take further actions, which could include facility closures, to cut costs as it restructures in an effort to return to profitability.
Intel and General Electric have formed an alliance to market and create home-based health care technologies, in an effort to reduce health-care costs and allow elderly people to stay out of hospitals.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday said it would release "very low-power" Shanghai processors within three months, a move that could intensify its ongoing chip battle with rival Intel.
The world's top server vendors on Monday updated their product lines, launching new servers to coincide with the release of Intel's next-generation Xeon processors.
If you weren't expecting Intel to release its latest line of server chips Tuesday, you may be the only one who was surprised.
Intel may not release its upcoming Nehalem EX line of Xeon chips for servers that have four or more processors until early next year, an Intel executive said.
Intel is expected to refresh its line of laptop chips this week with new ultra-low-voltage processors that should make ultraportable laptops operate faster without sacrificing battery life.
Nvidia on Thursday countersued Intel, alleging the rival chip company of breach of contract related to a chip licensing agreement between the companies.
Dell Inc. announced on Tuesday a new PC that, among its other impressive specs, can be upgraded to sport as much as 192GB of ultra-fast DDR3 RAM.
New workstation products from vendors such as Dell, Lenovo and Apple are helping shed light on the capabilities of Intel's highly anticipated Nehalem processors.
Intel's upcoming Xeon server chips incorporate significant advancements that could form the basis for future chips that could handle high-performance computing tasks, analysts said.
Lenovo on Tuesday became the second major PC maker to announce workstations based on Intel's upcoming quad-core Nehalem chips, which are due for release next week.
Dell plans to announce in the next few days new servers and services offerings, the company's chief executive said Tuesday.
Intel on Monday said it has frozen salaries of employees across the company, including top executives, in an effort to reduce spending and control costs.
Intel reaffirmed on Friday that it was readying new ultra-low-voltage chips, due in the second quarter, for inexpensive ultraportable laptops.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Intel's Skylake vPro chips will support Windows 7 after all
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- The first PC hardware based on Intel's itty-bitty new mini-STX motherboards appear
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW