Intel's upcoming Lynnfield processor will be in the spotlight at the Computex exhibition in Taipei next week, as hardware makers and computer vendors gear up for the release of the chip later this year.
Intel Corp. may very well bundle its Atom CPU and graphics chipset to netbook PC makers for a lower price than Atom alone, as rival Nvidia Inc. CEO Jen-Hsun Huang charged last week.
New Core i7 processors from Intel have surfaced on retail sites, giving early details of the new Nehalem-based processors ahead of the company's official launch of the chips.
Retailers are now taking orders for what could easily be the world's fastest laptops, powered by Intel's speedy Core i7 desktop processors.
Small-PC specialist Shuttle will show off a pair of desktop PCs based on Via Technologies' Nano processor at the Computex exhibition in Taipei next week, the company said Tuesday.
Intel's next generation Atom platform, code-named Pine Trail, will ease out graphics chip makers like Nvidia from designing graphic chips around the Atom processor, the company said Tuesday.
Intel's eight-core Nehalem EX server processor will include a technology derived from its high-end Itanium chips that helps to reduce data corruption and ensure reliable server performance, the company said Tuesday.
After multiple delays, Intel on Thursday once again pushed back the release of its next-generation Itanium server chip to the first quarter of 2010.
Intel on Tuesday revealed further details surrounding its next-generation Atom netbook platform that should provide improved system performance and power savings to low-cost laptops.
In an effort to counter the growing dominance of Microsoft's Windows OS in netbooks, Intel on Tuesday announced a beta version of a Linux OS it has developed for low-cost laptops and mobile devices.
Most IT shops aren't managing PC power use within their organizations, which means they're passing up big savings, especially in regions with high energy costs.
Intel Corp. said it plans to appeal last week's <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9133018">European Commission decision to fine the company</a> for violating antitrust laws.
Hynix Semiconductor plans to raise some much needed cash from a joint venture in China to assemble memory chips.
Appro's new HyperPower Cluster, announced Monday, mixes the processing power of CPUs and graphics processing units to tackle high-performance computing tasks.
The global DRAM industry continued to shrink in the first quarter of this year as revenue fell to an eight year low and losses mounted, according to preliminary figures released by Gartner on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus and MSI accused of juicing GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card review samples
- Intel pits monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip against GPUs
- Dell claims its external graphics card tech beats Thunderbolt 3 options
- Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards intensify AMD's affordable gaming push
- Gigabyte just showed an eGPU with Thunderbolt/USB-C for easier laptop external graphics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC