In a bid to boost 3D gaming, Nvidia on Thursday announced a graphics card with 480 cores that can crank up performance to reach close to 2 teraflops.
Intel expects fourth-quarter revenue for fiscal 2008 to fall 23 percent compared to a year prior due to weaker demand for computer processors, the company said Wednesday.
An arm of the US Treasury Department has approved Advanced Micro Devices' plan to create a new foundry company with major investment from the government of Abu Dhabi.
Advanced Micro Devices hopes to undercut prices of expensive ultraportable laptops with mobile chips it is expected to introduce this week.
Security researchers said they've found a way to circumvent an Intel vPro security feature used to protect PCs and the programs that they run from tampering.
Online retailers have begun selling Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming Phenom II processors, well ahead of the company's processor announcement plans for early January.
Intel has announced it is expanding its X25-M 2.5-inch and X18-M 1.8-inch SATA solid-state drive (SSD) family with a 160GB drive in a 2.5-inch form factor.
Next year will be critical for Advanced Micro Devices, as the chip company pursues two major initiatives designed to reverse its financial losses and compete better with industry leader Intel.
Australian system builder partners say they are feeling the pinch of a global shortage of server chassis and components from Intel.
Systems integrator, Leading Solutions, has taken the wrappers off three technology centres showcasing Intel’s vPro remote management technology to customers.
Hammered by its falling stock price and slumping PC demand, Advanced Micro Devices Monday said it has agreed to cut the price of stock set to be purchased by Abu Dhabi's Mubadala Development Co. In addition, the company said it is taking a smaller st...
The European Commission has set up an advisory panel including executives from Google and Intel to help it revise European Union laws on data protection.
Advanced Micro Devices expects revenue for its fourth quarter to be 25 percent lower than its third-quarter revenue, the company announced Thursday.
A federal court in the U.S. has temporarily lifted an injunction that banned Buffalo Technology (USA) from selling its IEEE 802.11a and 802.11g Wi-Fi products due to a patent claim by an Australian scientific agency.
Global semiconductor revenue is expected to fall this year as demand for PCs and consumer electronics slows down, with the trend continuing to affect chip makers next year, analyst firm iSuppli said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel profit falls as PC slump continues
- Mac users exposed by zero-day vulnerability
- Intel shows first Skylake tablet
- USB 3.1 set to reach desktops
- Hands-on with AMD's FreeSync: The technology that could kill Nvidia's G-Sync
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC