AMD's new Shanghai processors are designed to improve performance of applications running in virtual machines with various features that reduce the amount of work required from a hypervisor.
With last week's early release of its first 45-nanometer chip, Advanced Micro Devices has taken a big step toward putting its troubles behind it and giving Intel something to worry about.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Advanced Micro Devices is jumping into the mini-notebook space, delivering processors starting in 2009 for small laptops that can run basic applications like Web surfing and e-mail, the company said Thursday.
Intel on Wednesday cut its revenue forecast for the fourth quarter, the latest sign that the global financial crisis is leading to a sharp slowdown in IT spending.
Evidence suggests that the shortage of low-cost Atom processors that system makers faced earlier this year is over.
An ex-Intel employee accused of stealing US$1 billion worth of trade secrets and using them to help rival AMD was indicted in Massachusetts Wednesday, according to news reports.
Intel will launch the next-generation Nehalem processor on Nov. 17, the company revealed Wednesday.
Intel's new Atom processor helped drive the worldwide microprocessor market to a new shipment record in the third quarter, Nonetheless, analysts say darker times loom ahead.
Intel's Nehalem chips, slated to ship later this month, Tuesday were called "blindingly fast" by an analyst who is using an early machine running the processor.
Intel added warnings in its quarterly filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission about how the deteriorating economic conditions worldwide may negatively affect its business.
Intel and the Taiwan government plan to open a development center to further the Linux-based Moblin OS for devices such as netbooks and mobile Internet devices (MIDs), they jointly announced on Thursday.
Intel this week gave a quick preview of its next generation laptop platform, which could shake up the chipmaker's mobile offerings.
Intel hopes a new Web site for developers of embedded devices will convince more companies to use its microprocessors.
Intel is gearing up to release the first versions of its Nehalem chip family next month, with the scheduled launch of its Core i7 desktop processors. But users will have to wait much longer to get their hands on the mobile version of the new chip.
Intel and Ericsson Monday announced plans to team up in an effort to bring High Speed Packet Access to increasingly popular Mobile Internet Devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
- OnePlus One pre-orders go live this week
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW