For smartphone watchers, the biggest issue will be if the 820 can leave the 810's overheating issues in the past.
PC Components - News
Qualcomm says its chips will start appearing in devices next year
Intel has released new processors and free cloud services as part of its latest push to capitalize on the nascent Internet of Things market.
While AMD gets burned by the shrinking PC market, Intel has insulated itself by developing another business that's going gangbusters.
With Nvidia's new GeForce GTX 980 (that's right, no 'm') the company promises desktop performance in a laptop. Read on to find out how Nvidia made it happen.
Intel rolled out a new motherboard at its developer conference that offers more power than a NUC, but less than the mini-ITX.
Intel's annual developer conference focused on robots and the Internet of Things, with new processors taking a back seat
Intel's RealSense 3D camera is coming to smartphones, robots and even vending machines.
Intel's revenue and profit both dropped last quarter as people held off on buying new PCs ahead of the Windows 10 launch later this year.
A critical vulnerability affecting most Apple Mac models has been discovered that could enable attackers to overwrite firmware and gain persistent root access to computers.
Intel is drumming up excitement for its upcoming chips code-named Skylake, showing the first tablet based on the architecture during a keynote at the Computex show in Taipei.
When Oculus VR revealed the recommended PC specs for the forthcoming consumer release of its highly anticipated Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, the graphics card requirements were shockingly reasonable. Sure, the GeForce GTX 970 and Radeon R9 29...
Pipes and glass make this case from InWin one of the interesting designs on the market.
The emerging USB 3.1 standard is set to reach desktops as hardware companies release motherboards with ports that can transfer data two times faster than the previous USB technology.
If there's one thing tech market doesn't need, it's another standards cat fight. But you survived Firewire vs. USB, HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray, and RDRAM vs. DDR so get ready for the battle between Nvidia's G-Sync and AMD's FreeSync to kick into high gear.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD will sneak-peek its high-end Zen CPU in December, starting a new CPU war
- 5 burning questions about AMD's Zen chip
- Nvidia tempts GeForce Experience 3.0 users with Gears of War 4 giveaway
- Intel's latest Xeon chips based on Skylake due next year
- Intel packs more horsepower in its monster 22-core processor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- FTUI DeveloperVIC