When you look at RAM it’s easy to think that the big, beefy modules with the fancy heat-spreaders are are going to make your computer fly along. If you’re a competitive overclocker then this is probably the case and this review isn’t for you.
PC Components - Reviews
Corsair’s Vengeance LPX 2400MHz memory kit (Code: CMK16GX4M2A2400C16) is what we use in the PC World Test Rig. It’s designed for high performance overclocking which is beyond the needs of most users, but that won’t stop regular PC builders wanting a ...
The Z170X is our new test rig. As such it’s ground zero for our latest motherboard coverage and the benchmark against which everything else will be tested.
High-tech features and a supremely powerful amplifier team up to produce some of the deepest, cleanest bass you'll experience outside of an IMAX theater.
Don’t dismiss Intel’s Kaby Lake desktop CPU with a meh just yet. There’s more to the chip than you expect.
Samsung keeps raising the ante on PCIe SSD performance. The 960 Pro can read faster than 2.5GBps and write faster than 1.5GBps.
Smart cases for tablets always seem to sound much better than they are - especially when a keyboard in involved. The increased bulk and the requirement to keep them charged can be a pain.
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti are the best graphics cards for budget gamers and people looking to upgrade a prebuilt "big box" PC.
In ye olde days, the Fetch TV came as a chunky box which would only work with some routers under certain conditions over an ADSL connection. Picture quality was poor and so was the channel choice. Not anymore.
There's no die shrink, but Intel's 7th-gen chip brings both a decent performance boost and buttery smooth support for advanced video playback.
Logitech's K780 provides a simple and easy way to type efficiently on all your usual devices.
Made for the Surface Pro 4, Microsoft's Surface Special Edition NFL Type Cover has a price only superfans would tolerate. But it delivers an unofficial benefit for Surface Pro 3 users stuck with subpar keyboards.
Nvidia's new 3GB version of the GeForce GTX 1060 goes toe-to-toe with the $200 Radeon RX 480—in theory.
Corsair’s old M60 mouse (and its subsequent, tweaked, evolutions) has been a stalwart, wired gaming mouse for a long time. Reminiscent of hypercars, it looks as though panels have been affixed to a solid, aluminium frame with everything exposed at th...
It's packed with features, but the Tesoro Lobera's faux-metal and plastic rivets could use an overhaul for 2016.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours
- Intel's mobile future is in blazing modems as it buries Atom failure
- PC prices will continue to go up due to shortage of components
- Radeon Vega vs. GeForce GTX 1080 Ti? AMD, Nvidia announce dueling events at GDC 2017
- Toshiba's in chaos, but not quitting PCs -- yet
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFinancial Business AnalystACT
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- CCData Engineer (Java/ Data/ Big Data Developer)VIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD