The ASUS ARES II is a high-end graphics card designed for multi-screen gamers, serious overclockers or anyone with too much money to throw around. It’s based on AMD’s Radeon 7970 premium graphics chipset, but instead of using one core, it’s got two -...
PC Components - Reviews
Rapoo claims to be the first vendor to have a wireless mouse on the Australian market that works in the 5GHz band, rather than the 2.4GHz band.
If you own a collection of Apple tech products, Logitech's K760 Wireless Solar Keyboard might improve your productivity.
Rapoo's Wireless Touchpad Keyboard E9080 is designed for the sort of home theatre PC (HTPC) and boardroom presentation setups where you have a PC connected to a big screen. It's a 'floating' controller that will let you direct the action from anywher...
The CMStorm QuickFire Rapid is part of a relatively new breed of keyboards, using mechanical switches as opposed to the silicon-rubber-dome pads of your run-of-the-mill keyboard -- mechanical switches mean far better feedback whenever you press a key...
The CMStorm Trigger (by Coolermaster) is a full-sized, 104-key mechanical-switch keyboard that has been designed for gaming. The review model I looked at features Cherry MX Blue switches for the keys, which sport a tactile and "clicky" keystroke. The...
If you’re looking for a new graphics card for your high-end gaming rig, but you don’t want to shell out for an overpriced power supply to run a dual-GPU setup, your choices will be limited to the AMD Radeon HD 7970 or the Nvidia Geforce GTX 680. This...
AMD's Radeon HD 7870 graphics card is a mid-range model, sitting above the 7700 series and below the high-end 7900 series. AMD's 'Pitcairn' GPU is a solid mid-range performer without the price tag of more powerful units. This ASUS Radeon HD 7870 TOP ...
Forget about mid-tower and full-tower cases, Coolermaster bills its latest creation, the Cosmos II, as an Ultra Tower! It's a huge enclosure that's capable of housing motherboards up to the XL-ATX size, and there are so many drive bays you'll need fo...
The code name is Ivy Bridge, but you'll end up knowing them better as Intel's 3rd generation Core CPUs. These are the CPUs that will appear in brand new desktop computers and high-end notebooks starting this month, and they will also make their way i...
Intel's Sandy Bridge architecture stole the limelight this year, summarily trouncing its predecessors -- and the best that AMD had to offer -- with considerable performance boosts and power savings. Today Intel is announcing the Sandy Bridge Extreme ...
With the AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics chip, building a gaming PC need not be an expensive task; in fact, it can be downright cheap. Some cards that are based on this entry-level graphics chip cost just over $100 (such as the ASUS EAH6670 which can be ...
I'll be blunt: the AMD Radeon HD 6990 is a beast. Soundly outpacing the best that Nvidia has to offer (at the moment), this dual-GPU juggernaut -- previously codenamed "Antilles" -- clambers to the top of our graphics card heap by serving up the most...
The WoW Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse is a seriously pimpin' mouse designed specifically to work with World of Warcraft. It obviously works like a normal mouse, but its main shtick is that it interfaces with the World of Warcraft game and enables player...
Nvidia has been on something of a hot streak lately.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours
- Intel's mobile future is in blazing modems as it buries Atom failure
- PC prices will continue to go up due to shortage of components
- Radeon Vega vs. GeForce GTX 1080 Ti? AMD, Nvidia announce dueling events at GDC 2017
- Toshiba's in chaos, but not quitting PCs -- yet
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Technical Consultant - MicrosoftACT
- TPInformation Security OfficerACT
- TPIteration ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTChange Manager - Large Transition ProjectNSW
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW