Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
System Memory (RAM)
Dell Inc. announced on Tuesday a new PC that, among its other impressive specs, can be upgraded to sport as much as 192GB of ultra-fast DDR3 RAM.
Embattled German DRAM maker Qimonda will cease chip production by the end of March as it continues to seek ways to avoid liquidation.
DDR3 is the new memory standard for desktop PCs and it's currently supported by Intel's new P35 chipset for Intel CPUs. Kingston's 2GB HyperX DDR3 kit (KHX11000D3LLK2/2G) is aimed at enthusiast users.
Whatever you're doing on your PC, its taking up valuable space in your system's memory.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Laptops, tablets could pack more DDR4 memory with Samsung breakthrough
- Dreaming of a PC with 192GB of RAM? Dell makes it reality
- Qimonda to wind down DRAM plants by end of March
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA