Samsung today announced a new 8GB DRAM package with 10-nanometer-class process circuitry that has twice the capacity and twice the speed of DDR4 DRAM used in PCs.
System Memory (RAM)
Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
Dell Inc. announced on Tuesday a new PC that, among its other impressive specs, can be upgraded to sport as much as 192GB of ultra-fast DDR3 RAM.
Embattled German DRAM maker Qimonda will cease chip production by the end of March as it continues to seek ways to avoid liquidation.
DDR3 is the new memory standard for desktop PCs and it's currently supported by Intel's new P35 chipset for Intel CPUs. Kingston's 2GB HyperX DDR3 kit (KHX11000D3LLK2/2G) is aimed at enthusiast users.
Whatever you're doing on your PC, its taking up valuable space in your system's memory.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Laptops, tablets could pack more DDR4 memory with Samsung breakthrough
- Dreaming of a PC with 192GB of RAM? Dell makes it reality
- Qimonda to wind down DRAM plants by end of March
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - Documentation DevelopmentQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- FTPerformance TesterNSW