Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for over a year now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent Sandy Bridge architecture...
In case you haven't noticed, memory prices have dropped through the floor. As such, I've been busily upgrading every computer I can get my hands on. For example, my 2009 MacBook Pro has been maxed-out to 8GB, which involved buying two 4GB SODIMM modu...
QUESTION: I bought an ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics card, but my motherboard doesn't recognise it. When I plug the monitor cable into the graphics card, the screen goes blank; when I put the monitor cable back into the onboard graphics card slot, the s...
Building your own PC may seem to be difficult or a waste of time but it has many advantages.
Several keys on reader skyDX's keyboard stopped functioning. He asked the Desktops forum for help.
QUESTION: I want to use touch to control my Windows 7 Home Premium PC. Is it as simple as plugging in a touchscreen display? I'd also like to view a 3D image - will I need a new graphics card?
Happy Clean-Your-Keyboard Day! Okay, I made that up, but think about it: when was the last time you did anything with your keyboard besides drop cookie crumbs on it?
So my dad was griping that his Acer Aspire 9300 laptop takes forever to boot. I inspected it for spyware, excessive startup programs, and the other usual suspects, but everything checked out.
Even accomplished geeks shy away from motherboard upgrades on their main PCs. Years ago, I would often upgrade gaming and test systems in my own basement lab, but keep chugging along with a production machine using a two-year-old motherboard and CPU.
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
This article is the seventh and final in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the sixth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the fifth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the fourth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the third in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part three, click here.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Unlike Nvidia, AMD's Radeon RX 480 won't kill support for extreme multi-GPU setups
- Asus and MSI accused of juicing GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card review samples
- Intel pits monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip against GPUs
- Dell claims its external graphics card tech beats Thunderbolt 3 options
- Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards intensify AMD's affordable gaming push
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia