The central processing unit (CPU) in a computer might receive the lion's share of attention when it comes to overclocking, but it isn't the only PC component you can tweak. Vendors regularly overclock the GPU (graphics processing unit) of a graphics ...
PC Components - Tutorials
Many of our readers have asked how to boot from a flash drive and work on your documents from there. We explain how it's done.
It happens to all of us: You turn on your system and see the stomach-churning "disk not found" error. It's really not surprising considering hard drives fail -- more often than you might think.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD will sneak-peek its high-end Zen CPU in December, starting a new CPU war
- 5 burning questions about AMD's Zen chip
- Nvidia tempts GeForce Experience 3.0 users with Gears of War 4 giveaway
- Intel's latest Xeon chips based on Skylake due next year
- Intel packs more horsepower in its monster 22-core processor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerACT
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCProject ManagerWA
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Security LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA