No matter where you turn, technology dominates your life. From entertainment to employment to daily living at home, technology is at the centre of everything you see and do. Within this broad scope of technology comes social media which is a dominant force in the lives of two-thirds of all Internet users on a global level. Think about this for a moment and let it sink in. There are over 3 billion people on the planet who access the internet, and of that number, two billion are actively on social media of some sort and most often on mobile devices with a social media app.
Each month, CIO.com pairs a job-seeking reader with a tech resume professional in order to help them tell the right story to advance their careers. Here is a look back at some recent makeovers to help you craft a resume that jumps off the page. .
With the climate warming before our eyes and global efforts to rein in greenhouse emissions so-far insufficient, the IT sector plays a critical role in mitigating and adapting to climate change.
Much has been written about the increasing use of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR). These technologies, which until quite recently were the stuff of Hollywood films, are now shifting into the mainstream as they become more sophisticated and immersive.
A ‘white hat’ is an ethical computer hacker or cyber security expert. White hat hackers often conduct exploratory testing to ensure an organization or computer system is properly protected.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) are the plague of enterprise security, crippling businesses and IT careers through costly data breaches and massive losses. Their goal is to steal intellectual property, and confidential company information. They routinely evade traditional security systems and steal confidential corporate information without a trace.
It’s not new news. IoT devices are vulnerable to attack.
Labor’s broadband spokesperson, Michelle Rowland, has accused the government of suppressing unflattering information about the NBN, citing its refusal to release redacted portions of the 2013 strategic review into the National Broadband Network.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD