Increasing the agility, speed and control at which a business can grow and service their cliental, the modern cloud is considered a highly rewarding play for those looking to increase growth, scalability and transparency. But what about the risks, the unknowns that make the concept of cloud ubiquitous but not the adoption?
I propose that the first public commercial cloud came into existence in the early 1900’s and it was called the electricity grid.
Windows 10 users are getting OneDrive placeholders with a new name: On-Demand Sync.
Amazon Web Services has highlighted the issues behind its power-related outage in its Sydney availability zone on Sunday night.
For decades, the owned data centre was the foundation of business IT. In the early years of the cloud, companies began to extend their IT infrastructure beyond this clearly-defined perimeter, but by and large, the on premise data centre was still at the heart of the system.
Business resilience is an organisation’s ability to quickly adapt to disruptions while maintaining continuous business operation, safeguarding people and assets and maintaining or even building brand equity.
Fear of the cloud in today’s security landscape is largely misplaced.
At what will probably be the last EMC World in Las Vegas ahead of the company and its 'federation' of subsidiaries being absorbed into the Dell empire, suitor Michael Dell today laid out his vision of radically changed IT industry.
The past two weeks have been a bonanza of cloud conferences and they provide useful insight into the ongoing IaaS cloud wars between Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Despite a flurry of announcements, the consensus is that neither Microsoft nor Google did anything over the past two weeks to unseat AWS, but it’s clear the cloud wars are as hot as ever.
Google executives have to convince enterprise decision makers to trust in its public cloud offering, and a major keynote on Wednesday offers a major stage to do just that.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW