Increasing the agility, speed and control at which a business can grow and service their cliental, the modern cloud is considered a highly rewarding play for those looking to increase growth, scalability and transparency. But what about the risks, the unknowns that make the concept of cloud ubiquitous but not the adoption?
I propose that the first public commercial cloud came into existence in the early 1900’s and it was called the electricity grid.
Windows 10 users are getting OneDrive placeholders with a new name: On-Demand Sync.
Amazon Web Services has highlighted the issues behind its power-related outage in its Sydney availability zone on Sunday night.
For decades, the owned data centre was the foundation of business IT. In the early years of the cloud, companies began to extend their IT infrastructure beyond this clearly-defined perimeter, but by and large, the on premise data centre was still at the heart of the system.
Business resilience is an organisation’s ability to quickly adapt to disruptions while maintaining continuous business operation, safeguarding people and assets and maintaining or even building brand equity.
Fear of the cloud in today’s security landscape is largely misplaced.
At what will probably be the last EMC World in Las Vegas ahead of the company and its 'federation' of subsidiaries being absorbed into the Dell empire, suitor Michael Dell today laid out his vision of radically changed IT industry.
The past two weeks have been a bonanza of cloud conferences and they provide useful insight into the ongoing IaaS cloud wars between Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Despite a flurry of announcements, the consensus is that neither Microsoft nor Google did anything over the past two weeks to unseat AWS, but it’s clear the cloud wars are as hot as ever.
Google executives have to convince enterprise decision makers to trust in its public cloud offering, and a major keynote on Wednesday offers a major stage to do just that.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperVIC
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- CCSr. Solutions Architect- Agile, (Transformation or Relocation )NSW
- FTTechnical Support OfficerWA
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCDigital Marketing StrategistVIC
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC