Technology - The future of Linux and open source
PC World Business
using Linux - Fun and games with Linux
The very things that you enjoy most about the Internet - its 24x7, global, boundary-less nature - are the characteristics that make online gambling a mixed experience, with more ways to lose your shirt.
Looking for a little Christmas inspiration this year? We take the stress out of this year's Christmas shopping with the hottest tech gifts (and toys) this summer!
Who needs that boring nine-to-five job, when you can become your own boss and work the hours that suit you? Whether working at home or in a small office, setting up your own business or working from home can be a liberating experience.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite for Linux is the first release of a fully-featured graphics suite for Linux.
Not only does Linux now offer much faster networking, it also offers the ability to run a kernel-level Web server.
Printing with Linux is very useful and, although manual configurations can be tricky, it is an essential desktop tool which should not be overlooked by Linux newcomers.
Hard-drive capacities are bigger than ever. Your data is more valuable than ever. Thank goodness backing up is getting easier than ever. Here's a disaster-avoidance game plan.
We review six notebooks running at 600, 700 and 750MHz, plus an 800MHz PIII from Pioneer and an 850MHz PIII from Gateway.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW