Multihead is a relatively new feature in XFree86 and allows a user to run two or more monitors simultaneously while in X
PC World Business
Sun Microsystems' office suite, StarOffice 5.2, is a cross-platform, total office product.
Personal digital assistants have gone from geeky gadgets to professional power toys. With the latest performance improvements, some new hues, as well as pricing to suit a range of budgets - now's the time to check out the hottest handhelds.
In this feature we endeavour, via benchmark testing comparisons, to show you how your applications will perform under different configurations if you do decide to use Windows 2000.
One of the key features of SGI's operating system IRIX is its XFS file system. It was developed to meet the needs of massive graphical rendering systems, super computing arrays and large storage units. SGI is now porting the code to the Linux kernel ...
Whether you are just starting out or already have an established accounting system, we look at the software you need to take the stress out of moving to the new GST system.
Running Windows inside Linux.
A review of the recent Linux show in Sydney.
June sees the launch of a new initiative from PC World: LinuxWorld.com.au.
Our guide to the best free stuff online focuses this year on interactivity and multimedia capabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- New Windows privilege escalation flaw exploited in active attacks
- Facebook says yes, your posts can be used for ads
- ATM malware may spread from Mexico to English-speaking world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW