Linux package management
PC World Business
Kernel 2.4 - what's in store?
Linux Mandrake 7.1 review
Our test of six personal firewalls finds the best ones for keeping uninvited guests out of your office or home system.
Home Sweet Home
From its inception, Linux has been seen as an operating system that lacks graphics applications and is driven by the command line. This month LinuxWorld looks at two of the best free graphics applications for Linux in both 2D and 3D.
XML is an extension of HTML that functions similarly to SGML. It allows anyone to define their own HTML-like system of tags for content markup.
With the release of Red Hat beta 7.0 (code named Pinstripe), Red Hat enthusiasts and Linux users in general can get a good idea of what the complete 7.0 release has in store. Pinstripe keeps with much the same design as Red Hat 6.2 - this is the one ...
Three step-by-step projects to transform your sluggish PC into a desktop powerhouse.
Whether you cheer in the stands or from the couch, or even log onto the Net to get the latest stats, facts and feeds from the Games, there is a network of IT bringing the results home in a split second. We investigate the immense risks facing the off...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA