The key to bargain-basement supercomputing is tying together standard PCs with Linux.
PC World Business
Multihead is a relatively new feature in XFree86 and allows a user to run two or more monitors simultaneously while in X
Sun Microsystems' office suite, StarOffice 5.2, is a cross-platform, total office product.
Personal digital assistants have gone from geeky gadgets to professional power toys. With the latest performance improvements, some new hues, as well as pricing to suit a range of budgets - now's the time to check out the hottest handhelds.
In this feature we endeavour, via benchmark testing comparisons, to show you how your applications will perform under different configurations if you do decide to use Windows 2000.
One of the key features of SGI's operating system IRIX is its XFS file system. It was developed to meet the needs of massive graphical rendering systems, super computing arrays and large storage units. SGI is now porting the code to the Linux kernel ...
Whether you are just starting out or already have an established accounting system, we look at the software you need to take the stress out of moving to the new GST system.
Running Windows inside Linux.
A review of the recent Linux show in Sydney.
June sees the launch of a new initiative from PC World: LinuxWorld.com.au.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iiNet founder Michael Malone joins NBN board
- Apple Pay: 42 percent of people don’t feel secure using it
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- How do you stop patent trolls? This algorithm just might do the trick
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW