In this feature we endeavour, via benchmark testing comparisons, to show you how your applications will perform under different configurations if you do decide to use Windows 2000.
PC World Business
One of the key features of SGI's operating system IRIX is its XFS file system. It was developed to meet the needs of massive graphical rendering systems, super computing arrays and large storage units. SGI is now porting the code to the Linux kernel ...
Whether you are just starting out or already have an established accounting system, we look at the software you need to take the stress out of moving to the new GST system.
Running Windows inside Linux.
A review of the recent Linux show in Sydney.
June sees the launch of a new initiative from PC World: LinuxWorld.com.au.
Our guide to the best free stuff online focuses this year on interactivity and multimedia capabilities.
Free ISP round-up
Other roads to Net freedom
The future for free ISPs
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA