PC World Business
Something for nothing
Surfing for nix
Sony finally lifted the lid on its long-awaited PlayStation 2. The game console was unveiled in Tokyo - and onlookers were more than impressed by the promise of PlayStation.
It's big, it's brawny and it's surprisingly swift. Better yet, you'll need just 64MB of memory to lift Microsoft's new OS off the ground. This month we put Windows 2000 through its paces to see how it measures up to it predecessors.
Once you've upgraded, you'll find that Windows 2000 is a land of opportunity. Here's how to customise your desktop, manage files, maintain security, access the Internet - and more.
EXCLUSIVE: in the PC World Test Centre this month is the Kryotech Super G. Hitting the ground running at 1000MHz, this is the first time a machine of this calibre has been put through its paces in Australia.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- CCDeployment CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCFacilities ManagerACT
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC